cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to set up fibre broadband since end June!!!

sandr

trying to set up fibre broadband since end June!!!

Moved 1st weekend in July, so rang end June to transfer and ordered fibre broadband. 10 day set- up, intermittent broadband but no phone then got everything for a week, then they turned off our broadband (but left phone line). After a fuss, given ordinary broadband and told fibre would be sorted by 11 August!! Engineer who set up ordinary broadband suggested might need  engineer to complete the order - relayed this to PlusNet (twice). Charged for fibre, queried this, told got fibre (which we haven't). Today - 11th - day order to 'complete for the 2nd time - ordinary broadband goes off, fibre does NOT go on.....AND they've taken away our landline. Funnily enough, we are REALLY hacked off. 'Faults' can't do anything cos it's a procurement problem. So, when we still don't have fibre - or a phone line - in the morning, one of us will have to make yet another phone call during work time to try and find out  what is going on!! Anyone else have this ridiculous joke of a service when trying to get fibre broadband? If so, how did you resolve it?
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: trying to set up fibre broadband since end June!!!

Hi Sandr,
Really sad to learn that this is still on-going - see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129839.msg1130533.html#msg1130533 - it might be better to keep the story in one place so that CRT can readily see the history.
AdamC seemed to suggest he was keeping a watch on this.  Clearly I do not know what the issue is, but there has been a spate of BTOR / BTw order processing issues.
The mods might decide that these should be merged.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sandr

I'm starting to think that there is some kind of communication issue between PlusNet and BT together with a distinct lack of competence amongst some of the engineers that are contracted to set up residential services, frankly. And when one person cocks it up then it seems to take forever to get another person out to half-fix things or - as in the current situation - to make them significantly worse!!! From what I can glean, it seems that BT contract out a lot of this set-up work......
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi. Sandr,
Indeed they do.  One particular contractor is exceedingly bad, whilst another one hears very little of, when something is heard it is only to say what an excellent job they did.
Hope that someone from DCT picks thus up soon.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sandr,
Thanks for getting back to us on this one and I'm very sorry to hear that you've continued to see problems with the service.
I've just checked into the notes on the account and it seems that we managed to get the fibre service restored however this has now been subject to a fault as per your ticket here. I can see that you've made us of the SMS response service to the ticket and we have someone on standby to call you after 6pm this evening to talk about the diagnostic results so we should be able to run through a few more test with you to get an overview of where we go next.
By the looks of the recent testing, it doesn't seem that there was anything obvious that was causing the fault so we will probably just need to run through a few simple checks with you so we can move onto getting an engineer out to review the problem.
sandr

On Tuesday, they checked the line and said there was a fault on it (around the entrance to our house) and said they needed someone in the house to investigate further. So, partner's son sent round the house to unplug everything. They checked the line again and said that the fault had disappeared. No-one said that said partner's son would need to stay in the house, so he left (hence the need for someone to call us Tuesday evening).......
Following the call on Tuesday evening (Thank you) we were told that the problem seemed to be with the equipment and so they would need to send someone out. However, they can't just give a slot so they would need to ring us back sometime
NOTE: When the previous engineer turned up a couple of weeks ago, he set us up with ORDINARY broadband (which has now disappeared) and told me that he thought there was a problem with the fibre modem and that PlusNet would need to get another engineer out to visit when they finally got round to reinstating the fibre broadband that had been erroneously stopped. I have relayed this information to PlusNet several times over the last couple of weeks!!!!!!! But they've made us wait until they've turned off our ordinary broadband to then re-test the line and then tell us that again. Thanks - we knew that - the previous engineer told us. And now we have no broadband until another engineer comes (who may or may not be competent to sort this out.........one can only hope).
My partner rang PlusNet last night to get an engineer appointment. They are coming next Wednesday 20 August. In the meantime, we have NO BROADBAND. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Nearly two months since I ordered the move and the upgrade - and I'm still not confident, on past performance, that we'll get an engineer who knows what they are doing - or that the broadband won't be taken away again by mistake another week after it finally works.
Perhaps PlusNet/BT would like to compensate me for (a) my time sorting this out (b) my mobile phone bill during the last six weeks (£50 last month!!!) and (c) the inconvenience - all as a consequence of this travesty of a set-up!!!!!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi sandr,
Sorry to see this is still not resolved, I can see that the appointment is confirmed for the 20th August 2014.
Our main priority at the moment is to get you up and running, and then we're happy to take a look at your account and take a look at what we can do for you.