cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the most abysmal service ever. Plusnet should be closed down.

TownTwins
Dabbler

Re: the most abysmal service ever. Plusnet should be closed down.

Quote from: spraxyt
How many open tickets do you have? If it's more than four I think the extras are not shown on the Member Centre list though they are still there and staff can see them.

Thanks Spraxyt, I guess that is it. If I close some irrelevant open tickets then it might appear?  Shocked
edited to add:  oh ...... I can't close irrelevant open tickets  Undecided
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: TownTwins
edited to add:  oh ...... I can't close irrelevant open tickets  Undecided
See topic heading.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unfortunately only tickets raised by the user can be closed by the user. Tickets raised by staff have to be closed by staff - or left untouched for 14 days when they self close.
The quickest way to get them closed would be to use online chat.
David
TownTwins
Dabbler

and so it goes on.
So despite the promise of a certain LT in customer service to keep in touch until resolution, and to sort out the billing that is all wrong, nothing heard from LT since Wednesday last week.
So we finally have a line and a basic broadband and caller display, no service for a month but great stuff we now have what we had before, not the better service we moved over to Plusnet for (Fibre), the same...
Not only that, but we are being billed for a standard broadband service now, not the £3.99 for six months Fibre, so Sir!!! now we are being billed £9.99 for standard unlimited broadband. Not the Free for 12 months Unlimited Broadband advertised currently on this site.....oh no - we are being billed for more than anything we agreed to, more than anything being offered to new customers and more than we paid with our other service provider. Excellent!

"Unlimited
Broadband and calls
18 month contract
Up to17Mb downloadspeed
+
Weekend calls
FREE for 12 months then
from £9.99 a month +£15.95 line rental
Start your orderShow details and upgrade call plan"
Finally got a response to the complaint raised 9 days ago, this morning in fact, and guess what, the lovely team in there are offering me for a month of hassle and being overbilled for a bog standard service?
2 months free broadband (which should be free for a year) and 2 months line rental (which I have already paid in advance) which they believe to be "fair and proportionate" ........
It gets better and better.

TownTwins
Dabbler

Hey Plusnet!
so if you raise a complaint, that takes longer than the promised 5 working days to respond, and you reply to that complaint with further comments, is that reply likely also to take 9 days to respond to?
If so, presumably the Signed For delivery direct to Andrew Baker at the BT Centre will be quicker? fingers crossed eh?
Calorgas

and so it goes on.

Mmm, yes, just like you.
TownTwins
Dabbler

and I will continue to do so until this is sorted.
If you don't want to read my comments then don't, if you have nothing useless to add naff off.
dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Calorgas, that was uncalled for. A year ago you were moaning about the fact that the line rental was going up and how you were going to leave - it seems you stayed, I assume that was because you did at least have the service you ordered, it was even better than you expected!.
TownTwins has not got the service that was ordered (Fibre) and after a load of admin faffing about has been provided with ADSL after weeks of delay and at a higher price than been currently offered. I think if you were in their shoes you would be going on and on, I certainly would.
TownTwins, I would respond to your Complaint ticket telling them that what they propose is not acceptable. Ask for a deadlock letter if they can't come up with something more acceptable.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@Anotherone - absolutely right.
x47c
Grafter

Well presumably and sadly the OP has discovered a valuable life lesson that if someone offers you or indeed your business something ultra cheap then the service you are likely to get is likely to be pretty appalling and you are going to waste a huge amount of your valuable time in sorting it out.
When everyone in the UK stop falling for these wheezes/gimmicks in any market and starts paying a fair price for a fair service the suppliers will stop these ludicrous offerings.  But of course that also means people stopping being obsessed in getting the lowest price at any cost for any service/product.
The latest Plusnet offer seems to be free FTTC service for 6 months.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/07/plusnet-uk-offers-38mbps-superfast-broadband-free-for-6...
Right I'm off to see whether my plumber/gardener whoever will do some work for me for free.....
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: x47c
if someone offers you or indeed your business something ultra cheap then the service you are likely to get is likely to be pretty appalling and you are going to waste a huge amount of your valuable time in sorting it out.

If a business states that in return for a certain sum of money, they will provide certain services on certain dates then it should be possible to believe them. Plusnet know what work is involved in meeting the orders they accept and calculate a charge that makes sense to them. Plusnet are perfectly entitled to reduce the charges below cost if they believe that it will improve their overall marketing position but that does not entitle them to accept the order and then play fast and loose with it.
You appear to be suggesting that if I have a choice of two companies both of which state that they provide the same services and one charges twice what the other charges, I should choose the expensive one. There lies madness. Far better to insist that the cheaper company provides the services it promises and punish it severely when it does not with as much adverse publicity as possible. That way, it will either decide to deliver the services because it is possible to do it for the price or it will put the price up so that it can do it in the future. Your direction leads to huge prices and still does not provide the service promised as no company need keep to that promise.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: x47c
Right I'm off to see whether my plumber/gardener whoever will do some work for me for free.....

and if they do, would you mind asking if they'll pay me £20 to come and do mine? - I know they'll enjoy it  Wink
Must be said i've never known broadband be so ridiculously cheap. Considering BT have not really made any real efforts to lower their wholesale prices and connection charges, it does really seem a bit too good to be true doesn't it.
That said, we've been with plusnet for many years and although we did get some hassles with them a while back, they've been very reliable for us over the last few years. I can't remember the last time i felt i needed to moan about them.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Why is it, whatever forum you go on you always have to have some condescending supercilious **** making unwanted contributions?  

Because thats the british way - dog eat dog. We don't like our own people - haven't you noticed?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Why is it, whatever forum you go on you always have to have some condescending supercilious **** making unwanted contributions? 

Matthew Wheeler - did I ask for compensation? you comment is pointless and unnecessary,

If you don't want to read my comments then don't, if you have nothing useless to add naff off.

Hi TT,
You might well have justification for complaint, but there is never such justification for being rude towards those who offer help and comment here.  Such rudeness discredits you, please have more respect for others around here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Having read the whole thread, I feel that the third reponse was to a comment that was certainly not helpful, was unnecessary and was tending to the unpleasant. Matthews comment was probably trying to establish Plusnet's position early in the game but as the OP had not in fact asked for recompense for his lost income, merely that Plusnet should put some extra or perhaps effective effort into catching up on what they had committed to do but failed to do, then I do not see it as helpful and indeed as it implied that the OP was trying to claim money he was not entitled to, then it was derogatory. The first response was to a comment that started off legitimately enough but did have a sting in its tail that seems to me to be unnecessary.
While I am all for good manners, moderation and turning the other cheek, your comment might be better aimed at the original posters of those comments rather than at TT who I feel has some justification for defending himself.