cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible service n naff speed

dave1234
Dabbler

terrible service n naff speed

been with plusnet less than a month the speed is absolutley shocking  it would be faster on dialup  also told that if i want to leave i have to pay  £90 if you cant provide a service why should we give you our hard earned money , plusnet should pull their  socks up. actually sending emails to their customers telling them that the service is less than half the speed of what you should be gettin is acceptable  well  ithink it is actually unacceptable sorry plusnet no recomendations from me
24 REPLIES 24
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: terrible service n naff speed

Hi dave1234,
I have reviewed your connection and can see that your current line speed is slightly lower than your line speed estimate.  Your line is estimated to achieve 3500kbps but is currently performing at 1944kbps.  Have you tried connecting your broadband router to your telephone line's master or test socket as pictured below?

If not, please connect your router there and reply to this thread so we can retest your line.  Bear in mind the router will need to be connected to the test socket when we re-run our line test.  You will not see an immediate increase in your speed at your side by simply connecting your router as above.
dave1234
Dabbler

hello alex, we have been doing continualy speed checks our latest results 21:11 was 490kbps i dont know where you get your figures from. the picture of the socket was the old type ours is the new type our last email from plusnet stated we had 1.8kbps what was incorrect the truth is i havent got the time or patience to be messing around i just want a reliable service. today we was told by the disconetions team that a manager call back is 72 hours then told 4 hours the clock is still ticking no manager has called yet
dave1234
Dabbler

i forgot to say if i was gettin nearly 2 meg id be over the moon 
x47c
Grafter

Perhaps the OP has one of the External NTE5's fitted
As used on new build properties.
These are wired to a normal line jack socket inside
There is therefore no internal test point available to the user
just a thought.......
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi dave1234!
If you're getting a download speed of 490 Kbps you can be absolutely certain this has nothing to do with the service from Plusnet and everything to do with the way your equipment is connecting to them. So, if the situation is going to improve, you need to calm down and take some action yourself to help improve it.
Plusnet are not going to ask for a BT engineer to go out and investigate until they are sure the problem is not on your side of the master telephone socket. That is why they ask for you to undertake various checks first. (If you cut corners on this and BT go out and find the problem wasn't with their line, then you will be liable for a hefty call-out charge.)
Your only alternative, if your local circumstances allow, is to cease the BT connection altogether and sign up with an LLU, cable or satellite provider -- something which, you rightly say, will really cost you.
Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear (and sorry that you're having problems in the first place).
Chris
dave1234
Dabbler

we have had a bt engineer out aprox 3 to 5 weeks ago no faults found in our house  n nothing on our equipment we live on a farm so theres no cable when we signed with you we got 2 meg  should have been 3.5  now  1.482  what do you want me to do  and what are you goin to do  do you want to charge me half price cos im gettin half the service oh n just to let you know still no  call back of a manager 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just chased the callback for you, that should be happening shortly though there seems to be some question over whether you'd like us to continue the fault investigation? Please let us know if you would and we'll get on it for you.
Really sorry about the delay on the callback.
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi dave1234,
As discussed, an engineer is booked to visit you tomorrow to complete enhancements to your line and boost the speed to the maximum possible level.  We will follow up on the case post visit to obtain the notes from the engineer and retest your line to check for any improvement.  If you have any problems then please let us know by updating your support ticket.
dave1234
Dabbler

please please please let me leave plus net 20 mins for you to answer phones  then,why its slow oh its down to your equipment how youre connected , so its my fault .
then  i was given the answer .cos we cant give the service we will reduce the cost to accomidate  sorry plus net i want to pay my bills and in turn you should provide a good service  also im not shure that you should be blaming bt  as youre OWNED BY BT as a good will you should cancel my contract free of charge due to crap service  id never recomend the so called yorkshire based internet provider  you should state  BT INTERNET PROVIDER  7 weeks of on goin crap  never again    sorry plusnet ooops BT
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi dave1234,
Please accept our apologies for the issues you are experiencing.  There are two separate issues affecting your account currently.
Firstly the line speed fault.  I have reviewed your account following the engineer visit and found that further adjustments to the way your connection operates are required.  I have begun this process but due to the time the adjustments take to complete (usually approximately 24 hours each) I cannot complete this process fully until 05/01/12.  I am personally monitoring your account to ensure this is completed successfully.
Secondly, you have hit your account usage allowance which is causing your line speeds to be restricted.  We can add further usage to your account at a cost of £5 per 5GB of usage but you have set a maximum spend on your additional usage at £5 which means no further usage is being added automatically.  If you would like to increase this to allow an additional 5GB of usage for £5 then you can do this within the members centre at the following link:
https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
You will need to increase your maximum additional usage spend to at least £10 for the restriction to be lifted.  Alternatively your account usage will reset on your next billing date of 06/01/12 anyway.
I can understand your frustration on this matter but we are only a few days away from completing the work on your line to provide higher speeds.  We appreciate your patience during this time.
dave1234
Dabbler

hello alex  if on the 06/01/2012 my internet isnt at full speed i will cancel with you and i wont  take any excuses  of this  n that im not interested anymore  n i think the advertising campaign you run is very misleading  if i thought it was bt i wouldnt have taken the contract  lets see
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi dave1234,
I will have all the necessary line adjustments to stabilise your connection complete by the end of day today and I will monitor to ensure your usage allowance resets and your speed improves to normal levels.
dave1234
Dabbler

Guess what £98 to disconect from naff  service spoke to manager not willing to put the truth in  black n white  cant provide a good stable service  its a big no no from me
jim:red All Caps removed as per Forum Rules mod:end
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Service and Super fast speed.
My equipment is correctly connected though.
Configured as per the set-up guides and with excellent help from Techies at PN.
Here's another clue......
"Secondly, you have hit your account usage allowance which is causing your line speeds to be restricted"

When my download speed sometimes "appears" to slow down, it is usually down to multiple (20+) tabs open in browser
I Bookmark all, reboot browser, reopen 5 tabs at a time cures the "apparent" speed issue every time