Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tampered BB speed - keeping track

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: tampered BB speed - keeping track

I suspect if you look at your up time you will find it reconnected sometime during daylight hours. A resync between 10am and 2 or 3 pm will nearly always give the best sync speed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
magnetism2772
Grafter

in case anyone
wanted to know today's speed info
it has increased up from _~2.4MB
which is what I'v been getting this last month

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: giro
end of thread

Since the OP ended this thread, would the Mods please lock it.
Dom
Grafter

Quote from: giro
...only plusnet are not offering if they agree or  a reason as to why its happened...

That's because nobody knows. I've been having the same problem all year. We get briefly disconnected, speeds drop, and despite doing all the tests and having a couple of engineers out, nobody can tell us what's wrong or fix the problem it seems. Obviously there's either a problem along our line somewhere between our house and the exchange, or BT have ballsed something up at the exchange itself.
Try telling them that, though. Sad
essenby
Grafter

To be fair though, I firmly believe that BT are as good at keeping PN in the dark as they are keeping everyone else.
Some while back my 2Meg (ish) connection fell to below 200 :o.  PN could find nothing wrong, BT insisted on sending an engineer to my house 3 times , even though the router is plugged straight into the Master Socket and everytime the engineer came to the conclusion that there was a problem between the exchange and the cabinet.
Then, without anyone making any adjustments ot taking any corrective action (like - yeah!) it suddenly rose back up to the norm.
Do I believe PN or BT ?  From experience - I think I would probably choose PN because BT have wide and long standing form for "being economical with the truth"!