Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switched from BT

willywonker

switched from BT

Hi,
Thought I would share my experience,
Told my switch from BT would be 14th, billing started on the 6th! Waited 45 minutes on phone to ask why. Told it would be refunded. Ticket received yesterday saying it won't be refunded and until next bill.
When ordering I requested the line be reset and a new modem be provided. In my confirmation letter it said an engineer will call and I have to wait until Plusnet text me before plunging router in.
Took a day off work, waited in all day, no engineer, no text. Got fed up and pluged my billion 8000 in and  bang internet, no new BT modem and the thing that's cheesed me off the most, no line reset!  Really? Was it that hard to flick a switch.....given the engineer was there and was instructed to!!!!!!!
The reaon for reset was the modern was playing up and rebooted a lot which dropped my line down from 69 to 52. My 8000 synch at 55 and states my attainable speed is 69. Which proves my point about dodgy modem. Had the engineer bothered to call I could of proven the point!!
Left a sour taste if I'm honest
11 REPLIES 11
SharonBrown
Grafter

Re: switched from BT

Good afternoon willywonker
I am really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the transfer of your fibre.  I'm surprised that an appointment was required as a migration generally doesn't require one, even a fibre migration.  I have had a look at your account and am happy to give you a call if you would be so kind as to let me know when would be a convenient time.  I am out of the office tomorrow but am in on Saturday.  I will then be back in as normal from Monday at 9am and I look forward to hearing from you soon.  You can PM me on here or reply to the online support ticket I have raised on your account.
Kind regards
Sharon
willywonker

Quote from: SAB
Good afternoon willywonker
I am really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the transfer of your fibre.  I'm surprised that an appointment was required as a migration generally doesn't require one, even a fibre migration.  I have had a look at your account and am happy to give you a call if you would be so kind as to let me know when would be a convenient time.  I am out of the office tomorrow but am in on Saturday.  I will then be back in as normal from Monday at 9am and I look forward to hearing from you soon.  You can PM me on here or reply to the online support ticket I have raised on your account.
Kind regards
Sharon

Thank you Seb
PM sent  Smiley
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@SAB I have to disagree with you regarding an engineer visit not being required for migrations, there seems to be an increasing number of migrations from BT Infinity where the customer does not have an Openreach VDSL modem. They probably have a HH5 which will work with PlusNet.  However PlusNet do not do wires only installations of fibre so because the modems are issued by Openreach an engineer visit is required. As mentioned in other threads the ordering process needs to establish if the customer requires the modem or in the OP's case a replacement unit.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@ SAB (Sharon), please also see this post: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132919.msg1161675.html#msg1161675 (and the following post).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think what Sharon meant was that when a customer migrates from BT we do not have an option of requesting that an internal visit is scheduled. The minute that the ordering systems picks up on the fact that there's already FTTC on the line it will automatically mark the engineer's appointment as "not required" even though, as you've both pointed out, there are circumstances where this is not the case.
Unfortunately we're unable to differentiate if the customer has a BT modem or not when placing the order so it does make it difficult sometimes.
In the OP's situation they already had a BT modem, they just wanted a new one from us, but as I pointed out above, we can't "force" the internal visit through on the order.
@willywonker, if you've PM'd Sharon could you post a copy of your message on Ticket: 92314360 on your account please? Sharon's not in the office today.
willywonker

With all due respect you c!early have understood my point, it wasn't a case that "I just wanted a new one" (modem) As my billion has proven the modem is faulty, my synch rate was dropping and the  modem rebooting. My billion has now been connected since Tuesday and is rock solid, with a higher synch.
I fully explained when ordering why I wanted the DLM reset and why I wished for a new modem.
It wasn't just "I wanted"
jim:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Do any of the other FTTC suppliers provide combined modem/routers that are locked to their service?
Reading the FAQs about fibre clearly says that a modem will be provided. If the engineer is not going to visit Plusnet should be checking with the user that they will have a modem available to make the Plusnet supplied router usable.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Sharon & Linn,
This is a significant reoccurring issue facing migrating fibre customers, which has been extensively raised and covered in the forums in the post to which W23 referred and others.
Some fibre service provider's equipment is tied to their own services, for example (IIRC) Sky & Talk Talk.  BTOR know who the loosing supplier was and therefore should know if a "replacement" modem is required.  However BTOR appear to be making a unilateral decision not to visit and not deliver a service specific modem irrespective of the need - or as in this case, the "want".
I understand that their actions limit what you can do today, but doing nothing today is not acceptable, as inaction brings no brighter "tomorrow".  What is PlusNet's senior management doing to address such unhelpful actions / failures by the other members of the BT group which so adversely impact the service satisfaction of PlusNet's customers?
Please tell me of actions and not words of desirable futures.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have to agree with jelv and Townman's comments there.
Also bearing in mind what willywonker has said, it means that someone in provisioning made no attempt to follow up on the reasons for the OP's request, irrespective of what the system "allows", but furthermore to give them an appointment date "knowing" that en engineer visit wouldn't happen and even send a confirmation letter saying the same is just NOT acceptable.
I really cannot believe that these provisioning issues (leaving aside Openreach delays) are still going on after all these months.
Cruise85
Grafter

I do agree that the problems relating to the transfer from fibre to fibre has been something that we have been made aware of.
Going forward, to rectify this issue we are looking at offering self install fibre service with an new router that will no longer require the BT Modem. This however will not be taking place until next year , but should alleviate a lot of these problems, as the install will be very similar to that of an ADSL installation now.
However, in the mean time, it is just a case of ensuring that we process the orders correctly and ensure that all the equipment required is sent to prevent any inconvenience.
Again, I am sorry for the trouble caused
Regards
Matt
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi all  Smiley
I called and spoke to the OP over the weekend and we discussed at length the problems faced, the process and this was a simple misunderstanding that is now being dealt with direct with him.  It has not been found to be a problem with our provisioning process and is in hand with willywonker.  Thanks for your input but we have it in hand now Smiley
Warm regards
Sharon