cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support call center not answering calls

jbudge

support call center not answering calls

what the hell happened to plusnet your customer support is a waste of time tonight as usual when calling I'm placed in a queue and have to continually redial after 20 minutes or so because your side drops the call tonight I've been trying to contact you since 20:25hrs and been on hold then each time the phone rang on your end no one speaks and the phone gets hung up this happened each time once your side drops the call I redialed each time with a 20+ minute waiting for my turn to speak to a support team member then come 22:00 hours I'm told the office is now closed surely you should at lease answer the calls waiting before closing the office if I withhold payment maybe this will make someone notice that the customer should come 1st and start to employ more staff to cope with the demand or just get your service to the standard we as customers pay for and expect

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: support call center not answering calls

Something is wrong here as the number of calls at that time as quite low

2016-07-17_093116.jpg

jbudge

so why is it taking so long to answer the calls?

BobPlumbe
Grafter

I've never waited less than an hour to have a call answered, they probably turn the ringer off

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@jbudge wrote:

so why is it taking so long to answer the calls?

Reading the OP, and then @Oldjim's answer, it's apparent that something was wrong, and may still be wrong, in the queuing system.

I have to say I've never had confidence in the reliability of call centre queuing systems; are they ever checked? Would there be any automatic warning or alarm if calls were not actually visible to the agents?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I'm sorry about the long call queues.
I would just like to re assure you that if you are still in the queue at 10pm your call will still be answered either by our support teams that are on the late shift to 10:15pm or by our 24/7 business support team.
(We just don't accept any new residential calls after 10)
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I have to say I've never had confidence in the reliability of call centre queuing systems; are they ever checked? Would there be any automatic warning or alarm if calls were not actually visible to the agents?

There are always things that can go wrong, but once a system has been running and stable for some time most of the problems are down to User 'errors'.  Filling in end of shift reports; tidying up ready to leave etc.

(based on experience of maintaining a number of systems over the years)

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.