cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so much for fair and honest.

maggiemay876

so much for fair and honest.

after realizing that i was paying a lot £25 pm for my unlimited broadband only, i rang plusnet to get my mac code to leave for a better deal elsewhere. despite this from plusnet......."Found a cheaper deal?
If you do find a cheaper price for standalone broadband just give us a call on 0800 073 1120 (quote ref: T6A9PB) and we'll match it. You need to be able to show our sales team where you found the cheaper price and it must be available publicly." all that happened with me was that they said would i go on plus net extra for a reduced price of £14 per month. i agreed and set up the direct debit mandate right away on the site. over 2 weeks later plusnet stopped my internet and said i had to pay by card  and pay £1.50 extra. its not my fault they didnt activate the direct debit and i call this sneaky and unfair. i have since found out orange are doing a special deal in my area at tghe moment where you get unlimited broadband only for £15 per month as oppossed to plus nets 6o gb allowance for £18 pm so will try again to get the mac code i know they dont like to give it but i also know by law they have to. Sad
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: so much for fair and honest.

Absolutely, we cannot withhold a MAC key from you if that's what you want.
It's important to bear in mind here that we don't actually provide an unlimited service, however do try calling the number you've quoted to discuss if we can do anything to beat the price from Orange that you've quoted.
With regards to the non-direct debit processing fee, we do charge that for subscription payments where no direct debit is available. It clearly sounds like you were not aware of that so I've refunded this fee.
Are there any other areas of concern you want me to help with?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maggiemay876

what do you mean you dont provide an unlimited download service? what was that i was on for months and months and paying £25 pm for then if it wasnt unlimited download allowance?. for the sum of £1.50 you have stuffed me. you did not activate the DD i set up then you with held the internet until i paid by card with a surcharge of £1.50 well i hope you buy lolloipops all round the office with it you muppets. i wouldnt stay with you now after this are you serious. just give me the mac code and ill be gone.
dick:quote
phil4
Grafter

I think what he means, is simply:  PN do not currently offer/sell any Unlimited products.
So, as a new customer, or an existing customer changing product - PN do not have an unlimited product to offer you.
Sure you are/were on one, but that isn't offered to new customers, nor existing ones changing product.
Be wary of so called "Unlimited" products offered, especially at bargain prices.  There are two common "scams":
1) FUP:  Whereby the ISP can charge you extra/boot you off their service if you use more than what they decide is a fair amount.  The more underhand won't even tell you what that amount is at present.  Others will, but change it regularly.
2) Severe Traffic shaping:  You can use all you like, but the ISP will slow you down when they are full, or you are using too much.
There's never a free lunch out there.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

maggiemay876,
To clarify we don't currently provide an unlimited product, so what I mentioned sounds correct.
We're not trying to rub you up the wrong way here, we just want to make sure that if you decide to continue using us as your ISP that we put you on the best product to suit you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team