cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so is it impossible to log a call online anymore?

Eserim
Rising Star

so is it impossible to log a call online anymore?

As the title really.  I simply want to raise a not so urgent call, I don't want to phone up, yet can't find any page to simple log a call.  It was harder enough on the old site.

If so, this is really a backward step, and one of the reasons I left EE as a phone provider.

10 REPLIES 10
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: so is it impossible to log a call online anymore?

The short answer to the thread title is: It is possible to contact us online via the webchat facility.

We moved somewhat away from online tickets quite some time ago now, however it's still possible to raise fault ticket via the fault troubleshooter and a few other things here.

If your query doesn't fall under any of the categories for the online tickets, it would be best to contact us via either webchat or giving us a call. Or alternatively, feel free to let us know what your query is and we'll be happy to try and help you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Eserim
Rising Star

Sorry, but that sucks - I want to be able to fire off a simple question, that can wait for an answer.  I don't always have time or energy to engage in a web chat or a phone chat.

So, I guess when my contract is up I may well be moving.....

Edit - luckily, my question is in one of those few categories, so I can raise online

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry you feel that way. But as per my previous response:

@HarryB wrote:
Or alternatively, feel free to let us know what your query is and we'll be happy to try and help you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Eserim wrote:

Sorry, but that sucks - I want to be able to fire off a simple question, that can wait for an answer.  I don't always have time or energy to engage in a web chat or a phone chat.

Crazy isn't it?

This subject has been done to death on the forum in recent months, with members making it clear what they thought. As with so many things, PN refuse to budge.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

you'd think they would use various methods to reduce the call queues.
but no, everything they do only seems to result in making the queues longer.
Eserim
Rising Star

OK - I give up.  The call I raised was shut without being properly read, not only that I missed the email telling me it had be closed.

The person who looked at it simply did not understand the call at all.

So, two actions for me in the next X months left of contract.   Find a cheap domain park that allows unlinited aliases for domains and then find new ISP - one with the Customer Service that Plus Net used to have.

For info, if they HAD read the email, they'd seen which domain I was talking about and how I had failed to move it BACK to Plus Net - all emails now get bounced with

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

ssssh@pickle.........

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain pickle-....... by mx.avasin.plus.net. [212.159.9.200].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 Invalid Recipient .....@pickle-......

Email and domain names shortened.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Email address removed from hyperlinks.

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Similar experience here.

Question about domains - great I thought, at least I can 'ask a question'.

After waiting a week the 'answer' only partly addressed the question, leaving out the bit I actually needed and only quoting what I can easily see for myself on the PN website. Oh for the days of Force9 when a quick (!) phone call connected you straightaway to an expert.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Eserim
Rising Star

I think they've even removed web site call raising for domains now.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Edit - you are correct

Although the heading is there the next page only gives a DNS option

Pentris
Dabbler

Ok I accept what has been said but the customers have not been told.

Today I wanted to raise a fault on phone line and broadband. All help options lead to phone or broadband but not both. Secondly it would be very customer friendly to have the location of fault reporting details clearly identified from the home screen. Is it just me but it takes ages to find out where the fault reporting options are hidden. I have just tried phone reporting but 15minute wait. So I tried chat reporting but this was 16minutes. Surely we should be able to get through easier than this.