Re: so good you send them twice

not so,the postmaster on is the second which goes to your default
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

pierre_pierre is right, as you said yourself:
Each one is addressed to 2 addresses, postmaster@... and me@...
If you've not done so already have a read of the help page I linked you to and left me know following that if you have any questions about how to remedy this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
whistler
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
pierre_pierre is right, as you said yourself:
Each one is addressed to 2 addresses, postmaster@... and me@...
If you've not done so already have a read of the help page I linked you to and left me know following that if you have any questions about how to remedy this.

Sorry Adam you've lost me there - I don't understand what point you're making and I'm afraid I don't understand what PP is saying. Yes I've read the links and all they tell me is how to set up outlook which I already know how to do.
Can you elaborate?
MrT
Grafter

Apologies if I've misunderstood something here.
Mail to the postmaster@ account is probably being redirected to your me@ account.
So delete the postmaster@ account and you will then only receive 1 copy of each email.
Again, apologies if I've missed something.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
Just to clarify on what whistler quoted me on there is that 2 messages have been received each of these has been received on to two separate e-mail addresses (me@.... and postmaster@...) you have received both as your mail client (Outlook/Outlook Express etc) is set to pick up messages from both of these addresses.
The help page link I provided should describe how to, by using mailboxes set up your mail client to separate these messages or if you prefer only to receive mail addressed to the me@ address.
Please let me know if anyone is still struggling with this and I'll do what I can to help.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrT
Grafter

@whistler
Login to your Plusnet Member Centre, then click on "My Account" followed by "Manage My Mail".
You will see a list of all your email accounts.
If I were a betting man, I'd say that you have an account postmaster@ with a Type = Alias and a destination = me@. This means that any mail sent to postmaster@ is automatically forwarded to me@. So any mail sent to both accounts will be picked up twice by Outlook even though you are only "collecting"  from me@. Just delete the postmaster@ account.
I hope this makes sense.  Smiley
whistler
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Just to clarify on what whistler quoted me on there is that 2 messages have been received each of these has been received on to two separate e-mail addresses (me@.... and postmaster@...) you have received both as your mail client (Outlook/Outlook Express etc) is set to pick up messages from both of these addresses.

Sorry Adam - as I've said previously,  I only have the one address set up in outlook - me@  - so I'm afraid - no cigar.
Quote from: MrT
If I were a betting man, I'd say that you have an account postmaster@ with a Type = Alias and a destination = me@. This means that any mail sent to postmaster@ is automatically forwarded to me@. So any mail sent to both accounts will be picked up twice by Outlook even though you are only "collecting"  from me@. Just delete the postmaster@ account.

Mr. T. - you should be a betting man - because you're absolutely right. Thanks for finally sorting this out. I'll delete the alias set up by PN and I'll then just get the one email each time.
MrT
Grafter

Glad to have helped resolve your issue.  Cool
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I appear to have another problem, I got one on the 9th  and two on the 10th - one repeat of the 9th the other as above.  Adam wants to know if any one else gets this
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Just the expected two for me, one to postmaster and one to my comms address, the same email with two addresses on the 'to' line.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for posting re that p_p, as mentioned I really need more examples of this issue before I'm able to raise a problem.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team