Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow replies on tickets

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: slow replies on tickets

Once or twice an hour should be fine - I believe the rule of thumb for DLM is around 10 resyncs an hour, but if you do need to reboot that often I'd say definitely leave plenty of room before you hit that figure just in case.
snipperuk
Grafter

getting beyond a joke now ............ managed to get someone to turn off my router at 3pm for 30mins
just got in ..............  160 kbps  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Connection Speed                160 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation                          60 db 15.5 db
Noise Margin                                    9 db 17 db
can anyoner at PN sort out max stable rate on my line and get my speed up please
i have come to the conclusion that you cannot reboot at any time as BT knock you down  Angry
if i have to just leave my router on constant for the next week or so just to get my speed up again im off .................  really getting p****** off with BT now
snipperuk
Grafter

speed test results
Download speedachieved during the test was - 113 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :160 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi snipperuk,
It might well be that the broadband is dropping connection occasionally, either due to noise on the line or some other form of interference. Have you noticed this happening at all, and if so does it still happen when the router is plugged into the master socket with all telephones and other line items removed?
That would explain the drop in profile, if it is the case. It looks like it could be from your connection records.
snipperuk
Grafter

hi matt
calmed down now  Smiley  leaving it for 3 days to see what happens after a phone call to PN ........ 
i did ask when i rung why tiscali are not affected by the max stable rate to which the reply was it should be as its going through BT wholesale
a search on the exchange says no LLU operator presence  http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/MYKEY
so can anyone tell me why i am getting hammered by it ?
i even rang talk talk and asked them but they couldnt answer me
cheers
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you mean why are you being hammered by the max stable rate, I suspect it was the disconnections that caused that (or else a source of noise or interference on your line). Is that what you meant?
snipperuk
Grafter

just an update matt
yes it was disconnects but only in the time frame i was advised ............ since been educated by one of your staff to log out ( disconnect ) first
been stable ( but low speed 250kbps)  for just over 2 days so
i have just fitted a new netgear router and connected straight away at 1950kbps but my line ip is 250 ............ can this be lifted please?
many thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I doubt the BT one will have updated yet but I'll keep an eye out for you and update it as soon as possible.
snipperuk
Grafter

cheers matt  and many thanks for the phone call from PN's  shawn
just done a BT test and line ip is up now if this can be updated at your end please 🙂
thanks for all the help and putting up with an idiot(me)
Download speedachieved during the test was - 211 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1952 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1500 Kbps

and thanks to oldjim and shutter  ........ 
i know i've had some little rants but PN's service cannot be faulted especially when you get phone call out the blue
to explain whats going on and about duff advice given
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Now upped to 1750 in order to match the BT profile Smiley
ianmac

Hi! I thought this thread was about slow replies to tickets? 
Last month the website stated an average response time of 4 hours, but it took 3 days to get back to me (Some responses must have been instantaneous to get a '4 hour average'???) - strangely that response co-incided with the probable arrival time of a snail-mail that I sent recorded delivery to Plusnet's Customer Services Manager.
However, I've raised another Question about the regular evening drop in down-speed (today 607 kpbs), which makes it impossible to use SkyPlayer at lowest resolution, from my normal 6+Mpbs. 
Yes, I know I'm lucky to get that, but it took nearly a year to get Plusnet to get BT to sort it's computer settings etc etc from the original 2 - 3 Mbps.  (It can be done, but what a hassle to get there!)
Anyway, when might I expect a reply to this ticket?  Please?
ianmac

How slow can you get?  Still awaiting a reply to ticket ... ...  Angry
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the delayed response here. We're currently waiting for some information from our suppliers about your exchange.
dustymil59
Grafter

Slow is not the word for it. Why can't they email all replies, it's very selective