cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow progress on new conection after leaving DRL

stealth

slow progress on new conection after leaving DRL

Not too sure if I should be concerned ?
I left my fast connection on drl as they will soon disappear.
I signed up just short of two weeks ago for a new connection. Within a day I was told my line was still tagged. On the day the engineer was due nothing happened on my ticket even though for several days my line was confirmed as clear.. I called and they reorganised a visit for Tuesday morning next week.. however the ticket system has still not confirmed my line and it is Thursday night... Am I jumping the gun or is something wrong ?..
Any advice would be great as without a proper connection for nearly two weeks is driving the wife mad as she does not fully understand the process and I am getting earache..
David
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: slow progress on new conection after leaving DRL

Hi David,
Firstly welcome to our community forums, hope you stick around  Smiley
I've checked on your order and can confirm that all is booked in for this Tuesday 8th April 8am - 1pm.
Let us know how it goes.
stealth

Hi Chris,
Just an update for you ...  the Kelly (openreach contractor) engineer arrived this morning as arranged and he resolved some internal wiring issues even through they would have had no impact on connection / speed, but as they are sub contractors they have to show a clean line ! which is a good check on the contractors... It synced up great. his tests showed a 80 down and 20 up !!!
However my account is not activated, the on-screen update shows my line has not even been checked ...
Therefore no connection yet ... 
Should I raise another ticket ?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stealth,
The account has now been activated for you so you should be able to get online Smiley
Sorry for the delay, sometimes it can take up to midnight on the day for the account to activate, however, I've done this for you manually now.
stealth

Thank you +net we got there in the end ...
It connected fine when I got home and got a 77mb download and 13 mb upload so all is good.
thank you ..
David..
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting us know, David!
Glad to hear it's all up and running for you!
Hope to see you around in the Forums in the future Smiley