cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shocking Service!! Andy Baker Call me I dare you to hear what customers really experience

gwforbes
Grafter

Re: shocking Service!! Andy Baker Call me I dare you to hear what customers really experience

BT openreach is not plusnet.

The owners of f1 cars don't own the track that is a infrastructure.

And you are so wrong just taken a call from plus net.

Why the anti bt openreach propaganda
They may have wronged you get over it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: shocking Service!! Andy Baker Call me I dare you to hear what customers really experience

Why is everyone missing the point ?

As customers our contracts are with Plusnet.

When a problem occurs, it doesn't matter who's fault its, we can only communicate with Plusnet.

Plusnet should promptly take ownership of the issue, and do whatever it takes to get it resolved.

Throughout the resolution process, Plusnet should keep the customer informed at every stage.

Once the issue is remedied, Plusnet should follow-up a week later and check whether the customer is happy.

It doesn't matter who's fault it is (Plusnet, BT, Lithium, etc),  all a customer wants to hear is that the problem has been acknowledged, a named member of staff has taken ownership, something is being done about it, and an accurate estimate of when the issue will be fully resolved.

Currently Plusnet -

-  Don't answer the phone/chat/forum in an acceptable timeframe

-  The training of support staff is obviously inadequate as many issues aren't resolved satisfactorily.

-  Members of staff taking ownership of problems rarely happens.

-  Support staff rarely call customers back, even when a call has been promised.

-  Escalating issues to a manager is often impossible, or the manager is equally clueless.

-  Support staff are really bad at communicating accurately an expectation of how things are going.

-  Support staff are quick to blame others to avoid getting involved, when they should use some initiative.

-  Plusnet fail to invest in new projects, maintaining their billing system, and keeping products up to date.

-  Getting an experienced staff to investigate a technical problem has recently been impossible.

-  When Plusnet internal problems are identified, the process never gets fixed, so happen again & again.

-  Difficult questions raised on the forum are no longer being addressed AT ALL by support staff.

-  Service status pages aren't maintained, so there's no indication to many customers when a fault exists.

-  The Member Centre and online help is progressively being dumbed down and more difficult to use.

-  Product features keep being removed, and performance eroded.

-  Products no longer have any unique selling points which make them better than the competition.

-  There is no vision about how Plusnet will in future improve, or reason for customers to want to stay.

-  Too many promises have been broken (recruiting & training staff, billing system, IPv6, secure email, ...)

All of those things ARE under the control of Andy Baker ! - so why isn't he doing anything about it ?

gwforbes
Grafter

Openreach witch hunt just stop andlistening to yourselves
Why all the negativity about BT! Really

STOP
gwforbes
Grafter

And in answer to nibiru

Yes Andy Baker please address also his questions? Service indeed is poor at plusnet
gwforbes
Grafter

Would like more posts like nibiru's

These are exactly the issues!

Andy Baker we call you out please address!!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Despite your Protestations Andy Baker will not give a answer ,,,,,,

you can post here as many times as you wish but you are never going to get a satisfactory answer , just go to Ofcom and make a complaint !

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rongtw wrote:

Despite your Protestations Andy Baker will not give a answer ,,,,,,

Does that matter ?

If this topic is read by potential customers and gives them an informed choice as to whether Plusnet customer support is likely to meet their expectations, then saving anyone from suffering this support wasteland, will have been a worthwhile effort.  In the mean time Plusnet will continue its self inflicted decline towards the inevitable death spiral race to the bottom in performance, service, and support, ultimately ending in closure.

The Plusnet motto isn't so much "Do you proud", it's more "Do you care" because they don't !

Tongue

gwforbes
Grafter

Well said Nibiru once again!!
Why the negativity about offcom and bt openreach.

This detracts from the real issue the lack of customer service from plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Anonymous wrote:

If this topic is read by potential customers and gives them an informed choice as to whether Plusnet customer support is likely to meet their expectations, then saving anyone from suffering this support wasteland, will have been a worthwhile effort.

In terms of the customer support offered here, in response to @Anonymous it is worth noting...

1. The first response to this post was from one of the forum staff member's, who explained what has happened (orders blocked by BTw / BTOR due to their "only one order at a time on a line" business rule) along with a personal offer to forward manage the situation if the OP indicated that they still wanted to proceed
  2. Many attempts have been made to explain how the industry processes work and who can influence a change to them - clearly indicating any such change would not be an over night matter, requiring action from Ofcom
  3. The issue has been escalated for review and direct contact has already been made with the customer - Plusnet still offering help to resolve the matter

How much more is require to address the subject of the complaint ... or is the substance here more about the CEO not being here to deal with each and every customer issue?  What is really being sought here, resolution of the provision of a service or an agenda to see blood on the carpet?

Simple question has the OP sought to take up the offer made by Gandalf, either by saying so here, or via the open ticket?  Yes contact via chat and phone might be a challenge, though the sales lines tend to be answered far faster than the support lines ... but in this case there are other communication routes available if so chosen.

If there is anything here to inform current and potential customers, it is that the practices and procedures of BTw and BTOR do give rise to a significant level of failure, dissatisfaction and the consequential need to contact ISPs and CPs of all colours.  If they had an act together, there would be fewer order failures (that though is not to suggest that Plusnet do have issues in this space of their own making - this is not one of them).  Go look at Trust Pilot - all of the major ISPs have poor ratings - all ISPs have once common factor - their supplier.  Now go figure!

To use @shutter's analogy - you might well (nominally) buy your ticket of a train company and that places your contact with them - but if the points are frozen and the train cannot run, then that is not exactly the fault of the train company - is it?  Though you might not have any relationship with Network rail it remains network rail that's stopping you making the journey and the blame for not having systems in place to keep things running sits squarely on their shoulders, not the train operator's.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

I have locked this thread as I think it has gone as far as it can.

The OP has said he has been contacted.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still