cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shocking Service!! Andy Baker Call me I dare you to hear what customers really experience

gwforbes
Grafter

shocking Service!! Andy Baker Call me I dare you to hear what customers really experience

Andy,

Every time i move house you mess it Up!! 3 times in the last 5 years!!! Granted your own office intervened the last time and eventually we got this resolved. 2015 September 

This time you also managed to stress my wife out by sending a bill for £300 for breaching our contract a contract for a service oddly enough i had never received. Was told last night they had noticed that but it was an error, where was the retraction and apology letter.

Call center so I called and waited 30 minutes to be shunted to a number that was turned off the other week,

I called last night and waited 45 minutes to basically be notified that if there were no further errors (doubt it) then it could be weeks off before my connection thats if phone lines were available.

Do note I had booked time off on Thursday the 30th  for installation now wasted time as you wouldn't be fulfilling what had been anticipated.

Also Am i on the correct Tariff once previous i was overpaying without you notifying me! Do you really look after your customers i have suffered this for 11 years, Now I'm wondering with Black Friday deals offered if everyone new gets a better deal than existing customers!!

The robotic attitude i received yesterday was not the personal service i would have anticipated.

Give me a call if you dare!! Or are you also automated?

And get  real feedback from a long standing  extremely annoyed customer. 

Your office do have my number!!!

Edge and pushed offer.!!! Using a krone two to get 2 cables punched to a board is not rocket science.

Oh and you can inform your Operatives I do have a Telephone line and this facility is available in central Edinburgh. You can  also tell them that Alexander Graham Bell a Scotsman invited the phone.

As you can see i am extremely upset by how i have been treated. "Plus-net would not survive without customers and really need to take a long hard look at there business model,

No doubt this will be all brushed under the carpet and you will request me to get another ISP if Im not happy asi think you don't value your long standing customers. On my way out the door you will say Thanks for the 4 - 5 k in subscription money over the years now bye see you later.

Call me i dare you!!!

Tags (1)
39 REPLIES 39
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: shocking Service!! Andy Baker Call me I dare you to hear what customers really experience

Hello there.

Do note I had booked time off on Thursday the 30th  for installation now wasted time as you wouldn't be fulfilling what had been anticipated.

I'm sorry that this appointment did not go ahead. Your order didn't progress as we'd expect within our supplier systems. It looks like this was the case because another provider has placed a cease on the line at your current address.

When we put through a house move order, we need to place a cease order at your current address and a provide order at your new address. But the other provider's cease order was stopping the house move order from progressing.

From reading the notes on your account, it looks like you're having second thoughts about continuing on? Let me know if you're happy to go ahead and I'll make sure the provide order at your new address is replaced for the earliest we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gwforbes
Grafter

Re: shocking Service!! Andy Baker Call me I dare you to hear what customers really experience

Andy Baker where are you?

This is not the first time this has happened? Far from it!

You are pride yourself on service really!

Andy why can't you address a customer who had asked you to do so?
gwforbes
Grafter

If Andy Baker is not interested in customers are plusnet serious about being in business.

I'm starting to think not!
Anonymous
Not applicable

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Cheesy Grin Grin

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@gwforbes,

Do you really think that Andy Baker lurks around here?

I think that Gandalf has explained the unfortunate situation which does rather sound like a reoccurring theme due to the way BT Openreach (one guesses with Ofcom’s blessings) manage phone lines.

If the current operator of a line (for example the provider to the people vacating your new home) has raised a service cease order on that phone line then it is impossible for any other isp / cp to raise an order until the cease completes.

I agree it’s all barking mad but this is not Plusnet or any other ISP’s ruleset.

Gandalf’s offer is more than likely your quickest route to getting connected at your new home ... possibly the cheapest too, as it probably avoids termination charges of going elsewhere.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gwforbes
Grafter

So townsman is another plusnet employee.
Telling me I'm going to have to pay for a service I have never received. He is also very ill informed as he has not read my case notes from 2013 and 2015. Andy Baker should be lurking everywhere in his company and know atgrass roots level what is going on. If he doesn't as a business you are doomed to fail. Andy Baker please stand up I presume you are aware that your operatives have just told me you are not interested in customer feedback via this forum.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@gwforbes  NO !! @Townman is just a customer like the rest of us , and he is trying to help

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No I’m not an employee, I’m a customer just like you, though I’ve seen lots of issues, particularly with BT Openreach’s service delivery.

Shouting the odds rarely solves a problem. There’s lots of help around here if you’re willing to listen a little.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gwforbes
Grafter

Help get a krone tool and patch me in then.

Andy Baker where are you other customers have said you don't listen townman.
gwforbes
Grafter

Tow man I have dealt with Andys office previously and I can assure you things get resolved. You really have no idea about my experience so we will leave it like that. Thanks but no thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Look mate, you are not he only person who has ever had problems with the Ofcom / BTOR processes ... nor for that matter had dealings and correspondence with Andy's office.

Somethings are way beyond Andy's office to resolve - I have had dealings with his office, that of the CEO of BTOR and also BT corporate.  Frankly BTOR does things as and when the think they will or will not, ISPs, Andy's office appear to be powerless to influence their antiquated ways of doing things.  I'm sure that your provide journey is not vastly different to many facing 'blocking' cease orders, however it probably comes nowhere near my experience of 3+ months of BTOR lies over cutting a tree to access their DP to provide a new line ... work in the end I facilitated for them ... so please just do not go down the "I do not know what I'm talking about" road.

Yes Plusnet does make mistakes (sometimes too often) but a significant portion of the provide 'failures' are down to the difficult ways BTOR operate.  You have been given sound advice - whilst there is a cancelation order on a line, it is simply impossible to place a new provide order.  So you have choices - cool your heals or burst a blood vessel - getting what you want before the cease order has completed is unfortunately not likely to happen.  If you want to do something productive, go vent at Sharon White of Ofcom and tell her she really does need to get a grip on BTOR and bring its business practices into the 21st century.

gwforbes
Grafter

Your beef is with offcom and you have hijacked my post to carry this on. STOP!

My issue is with the lack of customer focus from plusnet and as you have said yourself Andy Baker is not interested in these forums. I would hate for that to be true.
If my connection takes me 3 months so be it. To be treated promptly and updated frequently and in a non robotic manner is all I'm requesting! Andy Baker are you listening if so call me. If not plusnet you are in a bad way if you are not listening to your customers.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@gwforbes at the risk of getting drawn into a fight ! ! !... ( who me  ? ?  )   @Townman has no "beef with BT " as you put it,.... he was illustrating the points of how the system of transfer of "ownership" of a provider (ISP) on telephone lines takes place..  Unfortunately, SOME transfers get "blocked" due to the way that BT have been operating their system, and until the line is "cleared" from the previous supplier, your line will be "blocked" ... it is nothing that PlusNet can do about that, except wait until that "blocked" line is free, and then the transfer to PlusNet can take place.

Whilst i understand your frustration, and need to vent it at someone,... you do not seem to read the very helpful information that is being passed on to you, by other customers, sucth as @Townman  ( and myself )... who have seen this situation many many many times before.

If you think you have a special case, that needs to be resolved, ONLY by Andy Baker, then, I suggest you take two courses of action,

Firstly,.... sit down and write up your complaint in date time order, and name specific occasions where you have been "let down",... type up that and then make two copies....

Secondlly,..... write an explanatory letter to Andy Baker, and copy that letter and your "time frame" to OFCOM and to Andy Baker.

Getting irate on this forum, will, probably bring nothing forward, whereas the other option I have outlined, may well do something for you much quicker.   ( you may even be connected before you get any result from your letters).. but at least you will have vented your grievances to the people concerned.