cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shocked at the level of poor service i am receiving (phone and broadband)

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: shocked at the level of poor service i am receiving (phone and broadband)

Hi Ryan,
I've just tested the line for you and can see what you're saying but unfortunately it's going through the training period at the moment so we can't raise a fault yet.
Assuming the router is already in the master socket and everything else that's plugged into the line is done so through a microfilter there's not a lot more you can do at the moment - as soon as the training period is up though I'll get you a fault raised if the profile hasn't increased any. That'll complete around the end of this week.
At the moment I'm afraid I'm not sure what's happening but as soon as I do get any more information I'll let you know.
RyanGould
Grafter

The filter is installed correctly going into the test socket on the master phone socket. The router is then plugged in to the filter and a wired connection is going to my PC.
It's set up correctly, I don't know what the faults are now tbh.
RyanGould
Grafter

we have now cancelled our service with plusnet as in ISP.
still my mrs can not upload her work and use the internet for her job (which is the main reason we have broadband) This is because the upload is still cutting off, this and the bill we received this morning for a sub standard service was the nail in the coffin.
This thread has documented several problems that we have had with PN and even though we have persevered  with them PN didnt deliver in the end
id like to thank matt taylor for his help in trying to resolve the problems we have had but unfortunately my partner has been issued with a warning from her employer because she hadnt been uploading her work due to a sub standard broadband connection.
this is unacceptable so it has been deemed necessary to switch to a reliable ISP.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the only way you will get a faster line is either to go back to Virgin Cable or a dubious LLU provider (TT).  No ISP who uses BT Wholesale will be any different to PN.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You should read the thread - he wasn't on Virgin Cable and somehow while fixing the phone fault the attenuation has jumped up (I wonder if someone used some gash aluminium cable to fix it)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well he certainly wasnt on 20 CN, this is his first comment
we have recently changed from virgin media to plusnet and i can honestly say this was a huge mistake. with our previous provider i was paying for a upto 10 Mbs service and tests show i was getting between 15 to 20 Mbs on most days, a service which i was more than happy with.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ryan,
I must admit I'm disappointed, but I don't blame you and can understand why. I'm sorry we couldn't get things working for you in time, really not sure why the issues came back following the order to move to 21CN.
I hope you get the service you need, and thanks for giving us a chance to fix it.
RyanGould
Grafter

i have just signed up with a company providing VDSL2 and its available now.
the speeds;

we cant mess about any longer giving plusnet a chance im afraid, not when my mrs is getting warnings from her employer so she has been left with no choice but to switch providers
RyanGould
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Hi Ryan,
I must admit I'm disappointed, but I don't blame you and can understand why. I'm sorry we couldn't get things working for you in time, really not sure why the issues came back following the order to move to 21CN.
I hope you get the service you need, and thanks for giving us a chance to fix it.

thank you for all your help in trying to fix the problems Matt.
my Mrs has ran out of patience and cancelled and to be honest i dont blame her. she uses the internet daily for work and needs a reliable high speed connection other wise she can not do her job.
we have been left with no choice but to switch providers im afraid
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Bloody hell  Shocked Shocked
That was a quick installation as well the speeds  Grin
choo
Grafter

If fttc is active why carnt pn arrange something with billing ect..ect to help smooth  things over.???
Hope its not talk-talk's re-badged openreach ?
AAISP are an excellent fault finding isp. if you've just had enough ;(
http://aaisp.net.uk/broadband-trial.html
Carn't PN to ask for the bt openreach  reports to see what gone on ?Huh
RyanGould
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Bloody hell  Shocked Shocked
That was a quick installation as well the speeds  Grin

funny, obviously it hasnt been installed yet and those speeds were actually recorded by a PN employee funnily enough using the same provider.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let me know if there's anything we can do for you in the mean time.
Force9Original
Grafter

Have you found out if if the lines had an E-side switch by any chance Matt?
It also niggles me that the new ISP might still be using the older line data as shown by the Be* line length tool
Its a shame, the  OP has not had the best of times with PN  Sad
cheers f9o
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I doubt it as KBD still reported the 1500-odd metre length after a new line test this morning, which is what confused me as that would explain the problem.