cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanty information on Plusnet invoices

nicky1605

scanty information on Plusnet invoices

I am very disappointed that Plusnet fails to show enough information on its invoices. In particular, if a customer takes line rental saver, the period of the contract (start and finish dates) ought to be shown on the invoice, and the same applies to the broadband contract. 
Each year I receive a reminder to renew my line rental saver, but the reminder doesn't give the deadline by which I should renew it.
I have just signed up for a broadband contract but there are no details on the first month's invoice as to the length of the contract.

8 REPLIES 8
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: scanty information on Plusnet invoices

thats not a bad suggestion  Wink would be nice to have some more info on the bill
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

even better to have it in the account summary even if it needs a slider bar to get it all in
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Dinna fret!  It's all much better in the *NEW*  Finance + Billing system.  Grin
Quickly grabs coat and exits.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi nicky1605, thanks for the feedback, it could be useful to have the Line Rental Saver (LRS) period on the invoice when applicable. I'll make a note of this and pass this on to the relevant team.
In regards to the renewal reminders for LRS, they do advise when it's due to expire. Providing the renewal is made before the expiry date, the contract will continue for a further 12 months.
With the contract details, we put a ticket on the account when the contract is taken out, advising of the start date and the length of the contract that has been agreed, so there isn't really much need for this to be on the invoice as well.
Hope this helps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Hbeesley
But as tickets are archived after 12 months, and lots of people on 18/24 month contracts, it would be helpful to those of us with memory issues to have a constant reminder of length of time left on a contract with every invoice.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
gofaster
Rising Star

Quote from: HBeesley
With the contract details, we put a ticket on the account when the contract is taken out, advising of the start date and the length of the contract that has been agreed, so there isn't really much need for this to be on the invoice as well.

Harry - have you actually tried finding the details as a user?
First  you have to find out where the [censored] the tickets are.
Then it offers you tickets closed in the last 7/30 days or you have to specify a date range range.
Chances are you will need to use the date range so you have to guess when you took out lrs
The form asking for the date range is incorrectly formatted, reading:
Closed questions within date range to dd/mm/yy dd/mm/yy
So you enter a wide range to be sure of catching the right ticket
Eventually you get a hude long list of closed tickets with totally useless titles e.g.
2015-03-24 11:50:37 	224677520 		Service Notice 	View
2015-03-24 11:50:37 101406069 Closed Question View

So you then have to painstakingly open each ticket to see if it is the one you are looking for.
You should be ashamed for suggesting that this is a suitable alternative to putting the info on either the account summary or the invoice.
bucksboy
Dabbler

Yep agree it's a right mess just had the same issue ( still not resolved properly) Seems to me that when you get the email warning that the line rental saver etc is 'soon to end' they expect you to ring up, if staying, and agree a new deal/contract, fine but then they shove it through before the old one has run out so you lose a few weeks or what ever and pay for the same thing twice......fiendishly clever plan ! and a great revenue generator !
Its so simple.......Dear customer your contract ends on .............You phone up and do a deal.......Ok customer thanks for staying with us your new contract will start........... and then Plusnet make sure that's what actually happens and stop blaming the Computer ! ( or fix it)
No wonder customers have to wait to get through on the phone or to get tickets resolved there are far too many mistakes by staff, Is this poor training or don't some care? Supervision and Management need to get a grip if you don't want to get a bad name, word does get around and there are alternatives out there.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You can see the same scanty information at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
This has many [all(?)] invoices - I get 2007 - 2015 entries.
If you pick a random entry and view it, it will give a link to the "ask a question" page.
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary may be useful to find rough start dates of contracts etc.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."