cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refusing to defer charge for moving home cos I've moved home once...but I havent

deleth1

refusing to defer charge for moving home cos I've moved home once...but I havent

Angry
I'm directing this post to Anthony Voller or Steve Wood in the hopes that they might provide customer service instead of fobbing people off with scripted answers.
I have called Plusnet tonight requesting that they move my internet service to another address as I have moved home...to another part of Sheffield oddly enough.  I have been advised by Katie at the call centre in Sheffield that I will have to pay £60.00 to have the service moved because I have already had the fee deferred once...because I have already moved house since I signed up in March. I had not moved house. I advised Katie that I have not moved house until now so i should not have to pay a fee.  Back in March I did not move home but BT had disconnected me  Angry - I had (stupidly, yes) called BT and asked them to switch off 1471 as it was interfering with my answermachine, the nice CSA told me this was all done, no problem...except that he had managed to cut my phone line off all together. Whilst I was struggling with the woeful customer service of BT to get my line reconnected I got in touch with Plusnet to let them know what had happened and to advise them when BT had agreed to finally reconnect me. I was kindly told when the soonest date they re-connect my broadband was but was told that I would have to pay as normal for the time I was disconnected.  As the problem wasn't Plusnet's fault I did'nt push the issue. I have explained this to Katie and her line manager but they both insist that I will need to pay the £60 fee to have my broadband service at my new house.
I actually moved house some time ago but there was no phone line at the property. After struggling with BT to have my phone line connected at the new property I decided to switch to SKY TV which comes with a phone line.  I called Plusnet to advise them that I was moving house but that there was no phone line...the CSA told me I should call back 14 days before the line is connected to get the service to the new address and that this would be no problem...however I would still have to pay my monthly fee.
So what makes me really angry is this:  I have now been paying my monthly fee for a broadband service I have not been enjoying because I was assured that there would be no problem connecting the broadband to the new property by your CSAs.
I cannot believe that your CSAs are telling me I will have to pay another £60.00 because BT disconencted me in error! Katie told me that I should take up the fee issue with BT....who are no longer my phone line provider!  Angry When I told her that I had switched providers to SKY she basically told me (in a polite voice) that it's tough luck.
How foolish I feel now for believing that Plusnet actually care about customer service!
All I would like to do Anthony is have the broadband service I am paying for at the address I live at and not be charged a ridiculous fee for something that wasn't my fault - your CSAs have acknowledged that it wasn't my fault. Please will you do the decent thing and defer fee and keep a customer.
I look forward to your reply,
Jo
11 REPLIES 11
Mark
Grafter

Re: refusing to defer charge for moving home cos I've moved home once...but I havent

Hi Jo
I'm really sorry we've left you feeling disappointed. Anthony is on holidays currently but I'll happily pick this up in the morning and get a view on what has taken place. I'm at home currently and not in a position to investigate this.
I can give you an assurance that we care massively about customer care and indeed strive to deliver high levels of service.
As I said above I cant comment further on this issue but promise to investigate once I get in to the office in the morning.
Mark
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: refusing to defer charge for moving home cos I've moved home once...but I havent

And of course it's worth bearing in mind that if the above story is correct (and why wouldn't it be)  the "culprits" are actually all part of the same business!  Wink
Mark
Grafter

Unfortunately it may seem that way but its not that simple. We're totally separate and regulated and there is no link in this regard between the two entities.
BTR is the phone provider and we're the ADSL provider. The fact that we're owned by the same group makes this no easier to deal with than it would for any other service provider.
That aside we have a customer who is annoyed and probably distressed by this episode and that what I want to get to the bottom of and resolve irrespective of who owns who.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Mark, I didn't say it was easy, just pointing out where the money and responsibility is.......  Wink
(commercial decisions and all that)
If the story is true then "BT" as a whole has a responsibility and it should NOT be shirked at a lower level just because of "chinese walls" or whatever.
You don't normally come across as someone with "slopy shoulders" so please don't start now.  Kiss
Events like this are the true measure of a business.  Cool
Santiago
Grafter

Mark, This illustrates the point I have been making in the other thread. You are at home with your fireman,s hat on at 10.45pm intervening to resolve a CSC issue that should not have escalated into a seriously pissed off customer situation.
Mark
Grafter

Hi Jo
God speaking with you this morning. We'll catch up later as arranged.
Mark
stevewoodspn

Jo,
I know Mark has this in hand and will be speaking to you later today, however, I just wanted to cover housemoves more generally and what Plusnet is doing to improve the experience at this critical time. The information below gives a summary of the main points and my rationale for putting this in place is in recognition of the fact moving home is stressful at any time and it's critical we support customers to make their BB / home phone move as easy as possible. The areas below will be in place before the end of September:-
A dedicated ringfenced team in Sheffied that will handle all the manual order progression aspects related to the home move and also if there are any queries or changes from customers from order placement to completion the queries related to this will also be handled by that team.
The above changes are one aspect of order management I am changing, however, doing this first for home moves makes sense and then I'll look at other broader areas and how we can improve the experience of those.
Thanks..Steve 
csogilvie
Grafter

Just a quick note to say that the moderators have removed the off-topic posts and would prefer this to remain on the subject matter at hand.
Mark
Grafter

Hi Jo
Many thanks for taking the time to speak with me during your lunch break. I'll reiterate my apology for not providing you with the level and standard of customer care which we would normally expect.
As promised I've arranged for one of our team to give you a ring at 6.30 pm to get the house move underway.
I look forward to getting this issue finally resolved to your satisfaction.
Let us know if you need anything.
Mark
deleth1

Just to let you all know the result of my rant the other day...Mark did call me the day after I'd made the complaint and apologised for the customer service I'd experienced both the other day and previously regarding my house move. He also said he would defer any charges for having my BB service moved to my new home - result!!  Smiley 
As I explained to Mark, I do understand that CSAs have scripts that they are told to stick to by their managers, however considering my circumstances I would have expected them to be more reasonable about deferring the charge. As I detailed in my original post the attitude I actually got was 'tough luck', the CSA even went as far as to ask me if I would be paying the fee there and then and when I responded that I couldn't pay yet she asked me for a specific day when I would be calling to pay. In turn, her line manager insisted to my dad when he called that there was no way around the charge and when my dad responded that this was unreasonable he replied repeatedly that I will pay the charge.
During my conversation with Mark he did mention that the advisors involved on this occassion and previously will be spoken to about the levels of customer service given - I really do hope this happens.  So often in customer service issues with call centre staff managers say this will happen but it actually doesn't, the reason being that the staff are given guidelines that they must stick to for fear of losing out on bonus schemes or being reprimanded in their reviews with their TLs. When I pointed this out to Mark he told me that the staff are given discretion in certain circumstances but that this failed to happen this time.
After my conversation with Mark another advisor, Ben called me later on in the evening when I had asked them to call to arrange moving my BB to my new house. I explained that SKY will be connecting the phone line in 4 days time and Ben has said he will call me in 5 days to arrange the move.  He also sent me a couple of texts to reiterate what had been agreed.
I now have full confidence that moving my BB with Plusnet will be a smooth experience.  I am sorry that it took me writing a rant on the forum to get this result but I am very happy that senior management at Plusnet do take the time to respond to issues like this on the forum - it makes a refreshing change after dealing with callcentres for BT and DSGi.
Jo 
Mark
Grafter

Hi Jo
I'm glad that we've brought this (thus far) to a successful conclusion and I'm happy that we've restored a degree of confidence in our ability to deliver a quality service.
I can assure you and promise that we have educated the members of staff which you have spoken with and I am confident that they have learned from this experience.
I know that Ben will ensure that your move runs and completes according to plan and should you have any queries or concerns, you have my direct contact details.
I'm sure you wont need them but should you have any issues or queries you know where to reach me.
Thanks for your continued faith and your patience and I look forward to us delivering a quality service for you in the future.
Mark