cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referral incentive DAB.com voucher useless incentive for residential users

Phil40

referral incentive DAB.com voucher useless incentive for residential users

I cant see that there is an incentive getting a DAB.com voucher for referring a friend before 31st Aug. I have checked the website and there is hardly anything for £25 plus postage.  Also my Uncle who is 80 referred his friend and has not got a clue what to do with his voucher.  It is not like you can order printer ink from DAB.com.  Are they the sister company of Plusnet ?  Because the voucher is a bit of a white elephant.  Marks and Spencers vouchers would be a better incentive.  I can understand businesses using DAB.com, but your ordinary resident would not have much reason to spend their 25 or 100 voucher.  A useless gift I think.  You can do better than that Plus Net Marketing team.
Phil Sad Crazy
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: referral incentive DAB.com voucher useless incentive for residential users

didnt you get a choice?
Oh and yes Dabs is part of the BT Group
We just wanted to send you one last note to remind you about our fantastic Summer offer. Recommend Plusnet broadband to a friend before midnight on 31st August and we'll send you up to £100 in vouchers to spend at M&S*.
Of course, you'll still get our normal referral discounts off your bill each month. And there's no limit to the number of people you can recommend, or the number of vouchers you can get.
Take a look at how much you could earn:
Service recommended   Voucher value   Monthly referral discount
Value = £25 + 25p a month
Extra = £50 + 50p a month
Pro = £100 + 50p a month
Simply pass your Plusnet username to anyone you think would benefit from award-winning broadband, and ask them to join us before 31st August. Once they're up and running we'll send your voucher to you.
What's more, your friends will get 3 months' broadband completely free^ if they join before 31st August.

We just wanted to send you one last note to remind you about our fantastic Summer offer. Recommend Plusnet broadband to a friend before midnight on 31st August and we'll send you up to £100 in vouchers to spend at Dabs.com*.
Of course, you'll still get our normal referral discounts off your bill each month. And there's no limit to the number of people you can recommend, or the number of vouchers you can get.
Take a look at how much you could earn:
Service recommended   Voucher value   Monthly referral discount
Value = £25 + 25p a month
Extra = £50 + 50p a month
Pro = £100 + 50p a month
Simply pass your Plusnet username to anyone you think would benefit from award-winning broadband, and ask them to join us before 31st August. Once they're up and running we'll send your voucher to you.

and this from earlier
A quick note to remind you that this special offer is ending on Thursday. So tell your friends and family about Plusnet before midnight on 27th May and grab a £25 John Lewis voucher*. You'll get a voucher for every new customer who signs-up to Plusnet Extra or Plusnet Pro broadband and takes our Home Phone service on your recommendation.
Simply pass your Plusnet username to anyone you think would benefit from award-winning broadband, and ask them to join us before 27th May. And once they've joined us we'll post your voucher to you.
gswindale
Grafter

But surely you can use it as a part-payment?
If I was looking for a piece of computer equipment; I would look at the prices at various sites and then think "oh, I've got £25 off at DABS.com - therefore whilst site x is selling the product for £5 less than DABS it is actually cheaper to buy from DABS due to my voucher".
Whilst it might not be suitable for everyone; what is - I have no interest in a M&S voucher as I would have great difficulty spending it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
As I think has been commented before I'm certain that the vouchers won't be for everyone's tastes. its impossible for us to get that right but we're seeing that they are acting as both an incentive and a reward to the majority.
Here's an idea though, get swapping, @geofftswin  if you have got or do get an M&S you could get in touch with Phil40. I'm not trying to promote that we turn our forum into a 'Swap-shop' so I would say it might be an idea for someone maybe to start a thread in chit chat if there's any interest in doing this.
PS I had a browse around dabs.com the other day and saw plenty of items under £25, question is whether they are items you either need or want but that's ultimately up to you and yes these vouchers I'm certain can be used as a part payment.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team