cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real id being shown in PN Blog posts PN Staff!

amcclean
Rising Star

real id being shown in PN Blog posts PN Staff!

I have just posted a comment, subject to PN approva,l re the Business Survey about WiFi. I presumed that having logged in my forum id would be published alongside the comment. having hit submit it appears that the blog side of the community site may publish my real name. I choose a long time ago to remove my real name when there were issues with with real names being pulled from the forums many years ago.
Could someone please confirm that my real username will not be used on the PN Blog posting. if it is can the name please be changed to my tag podman.
Cheers in advance.
podman
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: real id being shown in PN Blog posts PN Staff!

Does this give the option to change it http://community.plus.net/wp-admin/profile.php and it gives the option to select which name is shown to the public
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi OldJim,
that was link to the wordpress login page. I have set my name up in the forums to show podman but on submition of my comment to the blog it looked like it was going to show my login name.
podman
[Edited Added] I tried it again and it worked, i have never seen that page before it presumed the forum details would transfer over.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I thought the forum settings should automatically transfer into that WP admin page. They did for me.
David
amcclean
Rising Star

I changed the settings as per oldjims link but my real name has shown up on the original comment. Could someone at PN towers please replace it with my nickname.
many thanks,
podman
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Fixed that for you.
Didn't work.  Brute forced it.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers, Kelly
Oldjim had posted a link to my wordpress profile page where yesterday I had made the change to the usernmae displayed but it didn't appear to make  the desired change.
Thanks for fixing it.
podman