cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rate limiting ports with no notice

psybox
Dabbler

rate limiting ports with no notice

After talking to customer support it seems they are rate limiting the WHM port 2086 - which is a very popular control panel. In effect it's next to useless as its so throttled. As I work from home a fair bit, this has affected my performance.
- why was no notice sent out this was happening? I pay £20 + per month for internet plus the phone package, and this never use to be throttled.
- why cant the port be given a different priority? It's a genuine port for a genuine need - it is after all a webpage & control panel.
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: rate limiting ports with no notice

Hi,
I don't suppose you're able to show that we're rate limiting these ports by doing a Wireshark capture?
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I use logmein and its unusable just now, also tried another couple of free options today with the same result.
Any idead if these use the same ports?
scootie
Grafter

@mr markus wireshark should show the dest and source ports
psybox
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi,
I don't suppose you're able to show that we're rate limiting these ports by doing a Wireshark capture?

not at the moment, but plusnet support have confirmed it twice now and have also confirmed (twice) that it cannot be changed.  It's really pretty poor.
James
Grafter

Thanks.
Let me dig a bit and get back to you.
psybox
Dabbler

did you find anything james?
thanks
jim:quote
James
Grafter

Yep - Sorry!
Our networks team should be able to investigate this for you.  Can you raise a new ticket with a wireshark capture attached and I'll get it passed to them for their review.