cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raise a new ticket or get customer support ... good luck to you!

disruptive

Re: raise a new ticket or get customer support ... good luck to you!

@jelv .. your 'why I left plusnet' post was very interesting and detailed ... fits with my experience of PlusNet as an organisation that seems to think that ignoring customer feedback is a cost-saving, rather than the reality which is a path to pointless declining reputation and consequent commercial decline.

fyi your link to http://aaisp.net/broadband-home1.html needs updating.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@disruptive - I have tested your line and I'm not detecting a problem. Your router is in sync at 5.2 Mbps within your speed estimate of between 1 Mbps and 3.5 Mbps.

Can you provide me with a bit more detail as to what the issue you're experiencing please?

@hutleytj - I've looked into your account and I can see you reported the fault to us last Friday and the response time we were advised of by our suppliers is 28/02/17 23:59:59.

I'd expect an engineer to investigate this today. We will provide a further update for you tomorrow via your account. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

@JFR / @stevelee - Anything I can help with on here?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@disruptive wrote:

fyi your link to http://aaisp.net/broadband-home1.html needs updating.

Thanks - done

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
hutleytj
Hooked

Anoush - thanks for checking for me.  it is now 9pm Tuesday 28 February, so we can quite safely assume that OpenReach will not come out and repair the line before midnight. Or should I keep looking out of the front door, just in case??  That is 5 days with no phone or internet, and still no schedule to fix it.  In any other modern company, we get a time window, which means they are organised, plan ahead, communicate with the customer.   I think the PlusNet statement that it will be fixed by 28-FEB or earlier is based only on wishful thinking.  First thing Wednesday, I need someone to write to me or phone me and let me know what time the engineer is coming Wednesday to resolve the problem.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm sorry to hear the fault isn't resolved still.

It's likely we'll need to call Openreach tomorrow for an update.

The fault we've detected is external so I wouldn't wait around for them as they may not visit you.

I'll update you tomorrow.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
hutleytj
Hooked

Anoush - now midnight and of course no-one came since 9pm..... so PLEASE chase them very urgently first thing tomorrow Wednesday for (1) an explanation, precise and detailed, as to why they never showed up as promised, and (2) when exactly they are coming to fix it.   Very poor response from OpenReach.  

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll be happy to contact Openreach for an update in about 2 hours when I've some offline time (I'm on inbound calls most of the day)

hutleytj
Hooked

Anoush - I just spent 25 minutes on the phone with OpenReach.  They said that since the issue only concerns the (broken) cable, not a pole or box, it is the responsibility of the service provider to fix it.  Their damage report is closed out by their engineer with that statement.  So no-one from OpenReach was ever going to come by yesterday to fix this wire.  That seems a total fabrication or misunderstanding (to be charitable).  So what is the plan now?  You must send an engineer today to resolve this issue.  So now I am trying to work out who is nt following the plot, who understands what is gong on, who is making false statements, who has the big picture, who is going to get this issue fixed.  I cannot stand it any longer.  Please advise urgently.  I will have to send you the bill for the data packages I am having to buy for my mobile to have a hotspot, unless you have an alternative.  

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your patience

We've received an update from Openreach, advising us that your fault is in an area where they have declared MBORC which stands for Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control.

This means that they are aware of the problem and are directing additional engineers to bring the area back to normal as quickly as they possibly can.

I've called Openreach to clarify things and I've been advised that an engineer should be assigned to work on your fault tomorrow. This is subject to change though.

Once more, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

hutleytj
Hooked

That is NOT what Minu at OpenReach told me.  I already wrote it clearly, exactly what she read out from the report of the engineer, that the case is closed and it is the responsibility of the service provider to fix the line.  Again, there is confusion.  You say "This means that they are aware of the problem and are directing additional engineers to bring the area back to normal as quickly as they possibly can" but I do not see that it is the analysis / conclusion at all.  My understanding was that they have assigned the issue to the service provider and they plan to do nothing else.  Actually, I do not care about whether it is you or OpenReach, I just need it fixed right away.  I am doing your job on your behalf.  PlusNet should assign someone to resolve the issue, and they should stay on the job, and in constant touch with me, until it is finished.  It is not my job to chase you (Plusnet) up, to get you to do your (PlusNet) job.  You have to take responsibility, make a plan, follow through and communicate.  It is not that complicated, but Plusnet seem to have no idea about how to provide any level of customer support or service.  If it was not for you Anoush, I would be making no progress whatsoever.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I can assure you this is in hand with Openreach, an engineer has been allocated tomorrow.

I'm not in the office tomorrow, but I will follow this up on Friday if there is no progress.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

hutleytj
Hooked

OK, so why did they not come yesterday, as promised ?  

Why do you believe this promise?  What has changed?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It was an estimated response time I'm afraid. They missed the ERT because of engineer availability unfortunately.