cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raise a new ticket or get customer support ... good luck to you!

disruptive

raise a new ticket or get customer support ... good luck to you!

I have used Plusnet for many years as ISP and phone line provider in multiple accounts simultaneously, and have even recommended them to many people. However I have come to realise that the Yorkshire straighforwardness portrayed in their ads is nowadays very much at odds with the reality. All attempts at communicating with tech or customer service has in my experience involved cumulative hours of waiting in phone queues, and via their ludicrous chat service I have met obstruction and obtuseness. Try emailing them and you will get an automated email (better than no reply, at least). saying 'Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen.' So maybe use an online form? PlusNet's 'Ask a question or view your answers' page has an 'Open Questions' button and a 'Closed Questions' button. No way to actually ask a question, like 'Why is my Plusnet broadband permanently operating at a fraction of target speed?' I will be closing all my accounts. I could take the short-term easy route of sticking with PlusNet, but I think it's better if this doesn't happen.

27 REPLIES 27
JFR

Re: raise a new ticket or get customer support ... good luck to you!

I thought this was where I should raise a ticket - it's the nearest I've got in 30 minutes searching. Obviously the bosses are spending more money on selling their e-mail service to be bothered offering existing customers an e-mail contact point.

stevelee

I was going to write a very similar message.  I am only on this forum out of frustration.  

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @disruptive and @stevelee

I am really sorry to hear you're having problems with contacting us. I'll be happy to try to help with what issues you're experiencing. Please can you private message me with your username and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
disruptive

@Anoush ... Thanks. How do I private message you from this thread?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Click this: https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/30733
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
disruptive

You said 'can you private message me with your username'. Now I know that I do this by clicking  https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/30733 so OK I'll private message you. But for the sake of other users of the PlusNet community is there a more general way of knowing how to do this without knowing the secret link? And much more importantly, is there a way of raising a support ticket that doesn't involve esoteric knowledge of obscure URLs? I don't know of any other website that makes it so hard to get support. I think that the URL https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38 might possibly allow a ticket to be raised, but why is PlusNet blocking this feature from all the obvious pages where users are likely to look for it?

Anoush, if you are reading this: what is the official simple approved general method for a PlusNet user to raise a support ticket ?

Mav
Fixes: 514

@disruptive

The quickest way to send a private message when requested is to click on the user's name then select 'Send Private Message' from the next page.

Edit: Doing it this way automatically puts the recipient's name in the 'Send to' field.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

hutleytj
Hooked

I always find getting any support from Plusnet to be more than frustrating.  I get an SMS from PlusNet but you can't reply.  You just cannot get through to speak to anyone !  Today the call waiting time was 30 minutes !  That is just unreasonable. It has been like that for about 15 months that I can recall.  It has been as high as 45 minutes.  WHY don't they fix this issue?

My current problem is that the storm last Thursday brought down the line over the road and now I have no phone nor internet.  Reported immediately.  Already 4 days without.  It is agony.  They said they reported it to OpenReach. No update from PlusNet.  I called OpenReach today, who answered their phone in moments, and they said they have no record of any issue at my postcode.  I suspect that they are as badly organised as PlusNet.  Not even 1/5 for customer service.  I don't think that PlusNet have got any idea what customer service should be like.  No idea at all.  When I reported the issue, the young lady asked me to turn my phone and router off, open the box and look inside, etc etc ...and she said her software was telling me I have got a problem with my equipment !  That is whilst I am looking at the phone lines over the road hanging down to the ground.... so obviously the software is less than useless.  So no customer service, no technical capability.  What to do ... 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks Mav.

@disruptive - As for raising a ticket, we've replaced this support channel with webchat as it allows us to respond and resolve queries more efficiently. Apologies that this hasn't been the case for you.

I believe the ticket link you're referring to allows you to make a complaint to us.

You can still raise a fault ticket to us by completing the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net which will be worked by our faults team.

I've received your PM and I'll take a look at things tomorrow for you.
hutleytj
Hooked

Anoush - you said "we've replaced this support channel with webchat as it allows us to respond and resolve queries more efficiently."

so where is the web chat option hidden away ?

If there is an efficient way to work with Plusnet I want to use it, as I never found one so far, but I need one.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

If you go to the Contact Us page https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ you should be given an option for webchat if the help articles don't resolve your query.

+Edit+
As for your initial post, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with reporting a line fault to us.

If you've advised us there is visible damage to the Openreach network we should be raising a damage report to our suppliers.

I will see what I can do first thing tomorrow for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This is exactly why I've moved to an ISP that answers the phone in seconds and logs faults with BT immediately - not three days later when a short staffed, overworked faults department get round to it!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

A fault ticket should only be raised to Faults for broadband issues.

Line faults should be raised directly to Openreach through the appropriate means that all our technical support advisers have access to.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Anoush  I must point out that Customers need another avenue to Contact PN , Despite the promises of reduced call times which have not happened , even the Chat wait times are getting worse !

The ticket system was the perfect avenue for customers to contact PN for minor problems Sadly removed by PN  Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .