"Stop The Broadband Con" Campaign

Dom
Grafter

Re: "Stop The Broadband Con" Campaign

Also, what's a Hondo?  Grin Grin
magnetism2772
Grafter

if i had a 12 volts of Potential I could advertise to supply the world with indefinite power for ever
knowing however its impossible to supply without loss
would i be right to advertise such a product  in such a way?
Dom
Grafter

You'd be alright to advertise a minimum voltage, and refuse to sell to anyone who didn't meet that minimum for whatever reason, sure.
You could set that minimum at 12 volts if you wanted to, but as you say, nobody would qualify so you'd get no business.
magnetism2772
Grafter

ok
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: Dom
Also, what's a Hondo?  Grin Grin

does that mean if you are a Jew, Muslin, Hondo, Buddhist you cant get broadband

. or even a Muslin Undecided Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

didnt look, blame that dictionary red line, the English version
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is a lady Hondo a Honda?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Other's seem to be trying to go off topic so may Aswell join In don't you think? 
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
TicnTac
Grafter

Other's seem to be trying to go off topic so may Aswell join In don't you think?

Grin
Classic there, at least it wasn't their other well known song  Roll_eyes  Grin
........must be confusing for folks who drop straight onto this page without reading the first 4  Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry guys I'm appealing for this thread to get back on topic.
I'm all for a laugh as you know but that's what we've got chit chat for Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Second plead  Grin
Please do otherwise I will have to spend a significant time splitting out the off-topic posts and getting some wrong  Embarrassed then moving the split off posts to Chit Chat  Roll_eyes
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Back on topic I have just received this E-Mail for those Interested...
Hello and thank you very much for supporting our campaign for greater broadband honesty.
An incredible 6,428 people have now signed the petition!
We have just updated the site with the latest broadband news from the UK and Europe.
Firstly, broadband comparison site Top10.com has named the 20 locations with the slowest broadband in the UK, with Farningham, Kent topping the list. Alex Buttle, Director of Top10.com, called on broadband users to shop around “in order to guarantee they are getting the best possible service they can in the area they are in.”
Also, new research by the European Commission has shown broadband speeds and mobile broadband in Europe have shot up over the past year.
Check out the news section of the site for more details: http://www.stopthebroadbandcon.org/news.php

Thanks again for all your fantastic support and please keep spreading the word about Stop the Broadband Con!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Interestingly that seems to have been done in a very similar writing style to 38 degrees.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dom
Grafter

I got the same email. I took a look at the website, and it doesn't mention my wee village in the top 10 worst places for BB speed: 0.9Mb (on a good day).
Tongue Tongue
scootie
Grafter

1.75mb here as long as the wind is blowing form exchange to here, tho am soon to be 30mb but that is only why the students are at uni as its the VM network am off to, and once some issues are done with my current isp post office i may bang fttc on the copper most likely PN so ive got gaming line that works most of the days out of the year.
as allways when i talk of post office plz avoid unless at the end of contract you like having a gun held to your head and told to pay 12 months subs again that you have allready paid  Crazy a know post office are not roymail but they make a good job of losing stuff on there systems
would of thought more than 6,500 people would of signed, then again there probally sat waiting for the wind to change dircation before getting online to sign