Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Customer Satisfaction Survey to be proud of" - missing a trick

TomJasper
Dabbler

"Customer Satisfaction Survey to be proud of" - missing a trick

Hey folks,
Customer satisfaction to be proud of
A recent independent survey shows that our customers are more satisfied than those of Sky, Talk Talk and Virgin

And rightly so (although saying that may seem odd to posters in this forum who have problems).
However, a savvy consumer (a minority, perhaps) will always look beyond the claims for the source.  I don't see it (and worse, I couldn't find it when I looked for it).
Why mention this? Yesterday I was helping a friend make an informed choice about switching ISP, and being a long term satisfied customer, I naturally included Plusnet in my comparison.
Before  I ambled over to the  ThinkBroadband comparison , I took him to the Plusnet home page and diverted through the `call out` on the first page.... And spun off to show him the survey.... Which was a little embarrassing.
Hopefully he'll decide to go with Plusnet (another referral to a very small charity  Smiley ).
Be brilliant.
    Tom
4 REPLIES 4
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: "Customer Satisfaction Survey to be proud of" - missing a trick

This month's Which? features the results of its survey of customers of 15 companies.
For overall satisfaction "Cheapest Broadband & Phone" - Plusnet Essentials + E&W phone came 3rd behind Zen & Utility Warehouse.
For overall satisfaction "Cheapest Broadband Only" Plusnet Essentials came 3rd behind Zen & BE.
The survey found Plusnet had the highest customer satisfaction of all companies for engineer visits. This is strange as, apart from in the case of Virgin Media fibre to the premises, I thought all the main ISPs book appointments for a BT OpenReach engineer to come out.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: TomJasper
However, a savvy consumer (a minority, perhaps) will always look beyond the claims for the source.  I don't see it (and worse, I couldn't find it when I looked for it).

Where did you see the claim? If http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/satisfaction then the word "survey" links to http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/satisfaction#surveyInfo which says
"GfK NOP is one of the largest Market Research providers in the UK, they conduct a monthly survey of adults in Great Britain comprising 1860 interviews.
The survey covers attitudes to services provided by a range of communications suppliers, with an area of focus being customer satisfaction. Survey results are weighted to represent the profile of all adults in the UK.
Source: GfK Consumer Attitudes Tracker February 2012 - January 2013. "
TomJasper
Dabbler

Laudable indeed.
I saw (of course) the notice... The trouble was when I searched for the source and was unable to find it.

Hence my suggestion of linking to it.
Having spent years as an Business Analyst-cum-Consultant, bridging Business and IT communities, I learnt early on to always look for proof to support what otherwise may be half baked / impulsive ideas and darned right dishonest claims. I take that into my everyday world and apply the same rigour to Political, Media and Corporate statements. If the data, stats and/or source are not clear, I am unable to make an informed decision or develop my own opinion with confidence.
It is my nature is to be intolerant of two things - the act of allowing oneself to be turned into sheep by rehtoric and, oh, intolerance  Wink
Alas, my friend knows me well and if I hadn't gone to look for it (remember that my objective was to give unbiased advice), I would have potentially missed giving him the opportunity to use another factor in his decision.
I hope that makes sense.
BTW, he's signing up with Plusnet :D. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the feedback on this, it does sound like something that might be helpful for us to do in the future.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team