cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quite pleased but

teamd

quite pleased but

I have found customer service to be good especially the updates on the site keeping me informed, gaming is good but dloading is pretty terrible, downloading windows 7 from microsoft and its going to take all night for 3 gig for an official dload, i.e not bit torrent, not illegal.
Bit torrents are a waste of time and would never ever finish so as long as I dont want to dload anything i will be fine with plusnet he says dreading to dload all me games off steam.:)
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: quite pleased but

Welcome to the forums.
unfortunately Microsoft downloads are throttled on premium and Value, but are OK on Pro
teamd

Thnaks for welcome, and damn wish i knew might have to upgrade, as its getting slower too gone from 9 to 13 hours for mesely 3 gig.:(
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not a good time to be doing it see http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi teamd,
As pierre_pierre says evening time is when the network is busiest and therefore not the best time for downloading. If you set downloads like that going after midnight you should find them much quicker, unless you need the file you're downloading instantly that's probably the best way. The alternative would be to move to the pro service, however if you're regularly downloading 3Gb iso files during peak time it'll quickly eat into your allowance.