cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone and broadband package deal

steve0mac
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: 20-01-2015

phone and broadband package deal

Hi. I've just joined up with plusnet for the phone and broadband deal as it's a better deal than broadband only. My phone line was connected today and I've received the email stating I have 14 day's from today to cancel contract which i think is cooling off period. My questions are why is it taking 14 day's to get broadband up and running? This means my cooling off period is up before I can even begin to try the broadband service out which is the only reason I've got phone line reconnected and do you think this is a fair way to trade being such a large respected company? I've maybe took it the wrong way but I was under the impression that with it being a package deal, the cooling off period wouldn't start until I was up and running with the whole package.
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Posts: 5,509
Thanks: 518
Fixes: 194
Registered: 01-01-2012

Re: phone and broadband package deal

Hi there.
As you've signed up for the fibre package this does need a engineer to visit the property.
We will have booked the first available engineer in your area.
Sorry that we can't get you set up any quicker.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
steve0mac
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: 20-01-2015

Re: phone and broadband package deal

Thanks for the reply Matthew but it doesn't really answer my concerns. If I'm having to wait until the end of the cooling off period for my phone line before starting to use the internet and I'm disappointed with the internet speed and decide to cancel and try another company, this means I'm going to be stuck with an 18 month contract with plusnet for the phone line. As the service was sold as a package with phone and broadband together, should this not mean the cooling off period should start once I'm provided with the whole package since it's not the consumer's fault that your engineer's are over run with work and not available to set up the service. As it stands at present,  I'm left to decide within 2 weeks if i want to continue with a service that I'm not receiving yet in the hope it's going to be good (which I'm sure it will be) but as I learnt a long time ago, living in hope is no good. Is there anyway of extending the cooling off period until I get the privilege of trying out the whole service or will I have to make the decision off the service I'm receiving so far. At the moment, I understand if I leave I will just have to pay for the line connection which I would have needed anyway and the local phone call I made to try the line out.