cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pamjimanderson: Re: At the end of my tether with Plusnet...

pamjimanderson

pamjimanderson: Re: At the end of my tether with Plusnet...

Also at the end of my tether.  Order was placed, and my money taken on the 17th July and the engineer was supposed to come on the4th August.  Did he? No.  Was I notified? No Has my order progressed? No.  Have I had replies to my emails? No.  Can I get through on the phone? No.  How do you get anything done???   How do I extricate myself from this order with plusnet when I cannot contact them?
adie:green updated thread title.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: pamjimanderson: Re: At the end of my tether with Plusnet...

mod:note
split topic for better visibility.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had. It looks like we tried getting in touch with you as we were unable to retain your phone number from your cable provider. We didn't really want to proceed and give you a new one without your go-ahead. I'll get your order placed for you now, and I'll go for the soonest possible date.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Matty,
What are the industry rules on this?  See http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/landkeep
At Ofcom we fully understand that your phone number is important to you.
If you choose to change providers, you want to keep that number and avoid any hassle for friends and family.
If you’re a business, your customers will have your number in their phones and systems, and any change can also be very costly.
So if you’re staying at the same address and your number is active, your current provider must allow it to be transferred to a new phone company.
Whilst the new provider doesn’t have to accept this request, it is in their interests to do so. They should also make all the transfer arrangements.

I read this as, if it is a change of provider at the same address, there is an obligation on the loosing provider to release the number and the gaining provider is to make it happen.
Kevin.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.