Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

once again diabolical service follow up

pierre_pierre
Grafter

once again diabolical service follow up

Question topic: Your Question | ID: 29016937
I experienced complete loss of internet on Saturday morning, the frist Agent was good and said they had a Sudden influx of calls from 0530 in the morning, he would carry out some checks as BT hadn't acknowledged a problem.
I mentioned my moblie to him.
I heard nothing from then on.
At 10:30 I saw that the router internet light had gone green, so reconnected.  then found that I had four e-mails telling me about it.
Whats the use of e-mails if you have no internet,  not a trace of a mobile call.   Authentication issues (56862) - RESOLVED
ADSL Dial
Posted on: Saturday 6 June 2009, 12:34
Then Sunday Morning two mobile calls 20 hours after I had got the line back, and to crown it all the rep said no fault found and gave a graph of connection that nicely timed up with the outage at the Ilford Node
he then proceeded to tell me to check my internal wiring.
This also happened to me on May 5th.

8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: once again diabolical service follow up

Hi Peter,
I just tried to give you a ring on your landline and mobile, but you seem to be busy!
We did have an influx of calls on Saturday, with customers reporting that they were unable to get online.  This did however resolve itself without any change at our end, nor any notification from BT, at least I've not received anything and as far as I know, I get all of their emails.
When we have a problem like that, it's just not possible for us to call everyone back to let them know that we think the problem has been fixed.  It would put considerable delays on all of our faults, so unfortunately, he have to take the quicker option and reply to the tickets, although there will have also been a delay in this because of the number of faults that had been raised for the same thing.
I'm sorry that you were asked to go through the wiring checks - It should have been apparent that you were impacted by the issue that had affected a number of other customers.
If you'd like me to give you a ring back, I'll be happy to do so.
James
Grafter

Scratch that!
Found this:
BT issue ref imt14187/09 partial loss of service on ilford node. card reseat has fixed it
Tony_W
Grafter

@Jameseh
Perhaps the existing telephone service status system could have been used - so that people can find out these things without access to the internet
Tony
Be3G
Grafter

On a related note, I think I remember a few years back there being an actual service status phone number - does that still exist?
James
Grafter

That's what's being referred to here.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

When I phoned about a recent outage earlier this week I got a recorded message saying the problem was with PN and being worked on.
James
Grafter

Yep - That's standard practice as per the other thread talking about the service status phoneline Smiley
Tony_W
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
On a related note, I think I remember a few years back there being an actual service status phone number - does that still exist?

It does still exist - 0845 002 0174 - but Jameseh says that they do not post to it nowadays.
Personally I think it is still a good idea and was hoping it could be resurrected for occasions such as this.
Tony