Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number with held if called by you

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

number with held if called by you

I used the 0800 number to report my phone fault, which requires you calling me back after the line test.  After it I did 1471 and it came up as number withheld, why?
In this day and age of nuisance calls from UK numbers that use that feature, why aren't your allowing you number to show?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: number with held if called by you

Hi Gus,
Do you mean you did 1471 after we called you? Apologies but this isn't clear from the above.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Delayed reply with phone fault and router dying at weekend.  But yes, what if I had the option for withheld numbers blocked, would the fact that you provide my phone line by pass that or would you be blocked from calling me?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As far as I'm aware the call would get blocked.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A suggestion
Rather than showing the individual number which called - I assume that every internal phone has a direct line number why don't you program the system to show the generic switchboard number - this is what we did
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That's what I was going to suggest. The CLI used should be PN's 0800 number.
BT use (or used to use) an 0800 number which actually is a RA to say they'd called and would do so again if needed, personally I never thought that was much help other than knowing they'd called.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

I have a call blocker that drops all the rubbish calls, including withheld number etc. When PN tried phoning me last month they had to use a real number to get through.
I had enough of the silent calls/international numbers etc and this is a great device - just for the peace it gives not to have to swear at let another spam call. That and the joy that zapping any that get through  Cheesy Cheesy
WWWombat
Grafter

What device do you use to block calls?
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

The problem with blocking withheld calls is that a lot of genuine callers block their number.
WWWombat
Grafter

It's true that some genuine callers block their number, but not all (and I'm very surprised that PN do). But funnily enough, none of them want to leave a message on the answering machine instead. Was it so important to call me, then?
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

@WWWombat I use a cpr callblocker on offer at £40 at the mo. Found it great for getting rid of the nuisance calls. (and with the call block at £4/mth it will pay for itself in a year, and it drops international calls which it doesn't)
As to callers who need to call you, well they can call from an unblocked line or arrange a time before.