cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet for new customer due to poor service

popred
Hooked

no internet for new customer due to poor service

Signed up for unlimited fiber due to start on 13 June (18 days from signing up).never received a router so live chat on 11june to be told cannot have fibre as cabinet full so in 2 days time will loose all internet and will have to then wait for up to 2 weeks to go on normal broadband which I was already on with sky.They said tried to email me which I have not receive ( I did checked spam and bin folders,) but I did get emails saying phone will change over on 13 June and order tracker still says in progress so not updated.also chat said someone called [Removed] was suppose to call me but that never happened.whish stayed with sky

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

8 REPLIES 8
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: no internet for new customer due to poor service

Good Morning,

I'm sorry for all the issues you've had, usually the failing fibre order should cancel but it seems in this case the orders were linked in a different way to normal and this meant they acted differently.

Once your phone is active we can place the broadband order for the ADSL service which will take 4 working days to complete rather than 2 weeks(your line wil be clear instead of having another providers service due to our takeover technically being a cease and reprovide in the background.

I will however see if there's anything we can do to speed this up due to the failure on the Fibre order. I'll be in touch once the phone order has completed to let you know more.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Evening, 

thanks for leaving this one with me, as things currently stand I have put a broadband order in place due to complete on Friday, this is the latest the service will go live for you.

I have sent off a request for this to be fast-track due to the previous Fibre order being accepted and then cancelled rather than rejected upon initial placement as it rightfully should have been given capacity issues.

I should hear back from this either tonight or tomorrow and once I do I will be in touch to let you know how things are going.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just popped you a message over on your account to let you know that the broadband will be reactivated tomorrow for you.

popred
Hooked

Thank you for your help, there is still one issue and that is that my account says I now have unlimited fibre but I am only getting dsl speed (4 mbps) so do I have Fibre or DSL .if its DSL then my account details are wrong and I dont want to pay extra for the wrong product.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

To check for yourself, try running the BTW Speedtest Further Diagnostics at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do

Just enter your phone number and click "Run Diagnostics Test". This will show the BTW IP Profile which should show the maximum speed that the line is rated at as well as the current speed test result. This will hopefully show the download range is high, much higher than your current speed.

Now check the Plusnet Line Speed at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

Is that set to 4Mbps or there abouts? If it is and the BTW IP Profile is high then that is limiting your download speed and you need to get Plusnet to change the "Plusnet Line Speed" to the correct value.

Once Plusnet have corrected the Plusnet Speed Line and you have verified by checking it, log onto your router, click "Disconnect", wait a minute and then click "Connect" to get the new speeds.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This will most likely be the speed profile our side, as the service was off it probably dropped low, I'll pop that back up tomorrow, once done restart your router and should be all fine from there

popred
Hooked

OK, thank you will retest it tomorrow when I come home from work .

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there.

I've tested your line and can see that your service is provisioned on ADSL broadband, because there's no capacity to provide you with fibre optic broadband at present.

I would recommend speaking with our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 so that we can correctly charge you for your service. They're open until 6pm today, and from 8am tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button