cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no Mr Customer, we dont want your money - its too difficult

earlscourt

no Mr Customer, we dont want your money - its too difficult

I joined Plus Net in December.  In March, without notice, they changed the pricing of my package so that any data usage over my cheap "value" subscription became horribly expensive.  As i was tied ion for 12 months, I had to accept this abuse of customers.
It wasnt really a problem at the time as the data usage was enough for me. 
A few months later, my new tenant is using huge amounts of data and i'm gettiing charged for extra data by Plus Net - at a rate which works out at double the cost per GB  of my initial subscription.  (£5 for up to £10GB then £5 for every extra 5GB or part thereof.)  Clearly, its a scam.
Anyway, I ask Plus Net to upgrade me to an "Extra" package so that I can get 60GB data for £20.  So far so good.  Except they cant do it immediately because "its too complicated".  I have to wait til their next billing day.
Q:  What sort of half-baked organisation tells its customers they cant pay more for an upgraded service because its too difficult for the accounts team to work it out?
A:  One that doesnt deserve my custom.
Sorry for the rant boys and girls but I've never been happy with the speed of my connection from PlusNet and this has tipped me over the edge with this bunch of incompetents.  I will be an ex-customer as soon as I get out of the 12 month sentence.

3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: no Mr Customer, we dont want your money - its too difficult

Hi earlscourt,
I'm sorry you were told in the way you were, unfortunately it is awkward to change accounts instantly rather than scheduling the change for the next billing date however if you're still wanting to go ahead with the change I'll be able to arrange this for you now if you like.
I'm confused by the usage though - on the Value account 10GB is the usage allowance included, you aren't charged anything other than your monthly subscription if you don't go over that. I'll look into it for you.
If you do decide you'd like to make the change to extra now please post back and as I said I'll arrange it for you, I'd be more than happy to see if there's anything we can do about your speeds too if that'd help?
earlscourt

Matt
thanks for your reply
Basically, I want to change to your Extra package to stop running up a bill of £5 per 5GB over my "value" allowance.  If you can make it happen with immediate effect, great.
I maybve wasnt clear in my previous post about billings.  What I was trying to say was that for my monthly payment of £5 or therabouts, I am entitled to 10GB of data but if I go over the allowance the price is £5 for every 5GB over the allowance ie its twice as expensive as the initial allowance which is just madness.  Anyway, if you can get me on extra immediately, its becomes irrelevant.
As for speed, anything you can do would be great
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi earlscourt,
I've made the change for you now so you're on extra as of now and will run a couple of tests on your line to check for profile mismatches and if there's anything we can do to get it going faster for you. Would you mind completing a BT speed test (http://www.speedtester.bt.com) and pasting the results in here please? That will give me something to go from as well and will show if you're on the correct profile or there's any faults we can raise straight away.
Thanks very much for giving us a chance.