cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no Internet how can i cancel

keriningman

no Internet how can i cancel

I've been told tonight that the reason my internet has gone down was because BT did some work in the area and has caused a fault. As I can't be at home due to work they won't attempt to fix it. I don't want to leave you as I've been with you for years but as you are not prepared to fix my fault then iI have no choice but request to cancel
Please let me know how I can leave you?
13 REPLIES 13
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: no Internet how can i cancel

Reading between the lines your probably out of contract so under the new arrangements you just sign up with a new ISP and they will inform Plusnet  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
keriningman

I wish I was out of contract. I'm in contract until May but tech guy didn't know how I went about cancelling. I'm now paying for something I'm not getting due to no fault of my own. 1 1/2hrs on the phone with tech and they refuse to raise a fault
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Same answer but they will try to charge cancellation charges as per T&Cs
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
keriningman

I know they will but I can't go on paying them for a service I'm not getting and they are unwilling to fix
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Can anyone else provide access to your property for an engineer visit? Alternatively are you able to be at home on a Saturday? There's no guarantee that a Saturday appointment will be available, but it would be worth asking.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately no Saturday appointment was available when we looked. If it's a line fault, then it's probable this would transfer over to any other provider too and you'd need to start the fault process (including an engineer visit) again.
I appreciate that the fault has not been caused by something you've done, however the next step on this is to book an appointment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: keriningman
I know they will but I can't go on paying them for a service I'm not getting and they are unwilling to fix

but they are willing to fix, just that you can't/won't be available to allow the fix to happen.
moving won't make any different as the fault will still be there and the new ISP will still require the same fix to take place.
keriningman

Both myself and my partner work and are not at home between 7.30 and 18.00. our neighbours work, our families live nowhere near us and all of our friends work too. no Saturday appointments available and we both have no holidays left to take time off work
chenks76
All Star

so how do you suggest this is resolved?
cancelling clearly isn't the solution as you'll still end up with the line fault, which will require the same outcome.
rob1273

"because BT did some work in the area"
I'm missing why an Engineer needs to visit the customers property?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've been told tonight that the reason my internet has gone down was because BT did some work in the area

Given that I don't think it's fair for us to assume either way if the cause of the fault is outside the home or not, tests are actually quite reliable at identifying physical line faults that either develop on their own or are an inadvertent cause of maintenance work.
When reporting line faults specifically the results of the line tests depend on how we can proceed.
Test do usually pick up when there's an external fault and that means we can report it without an appointment. However, if the tests passes we can't report it without making a booking first.
I've also run some checks specific to broadband which isn't showing an obvious cause either so if the issue continues we may need to press ahead with an engineer visit for you. Do bear in mind this is only a possibility still and that if you're unable to be present personally anyone over the age of 18 can be present to accept the engineer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BenJones

I've hit the same problems as you and am looking to get out of my contract, it's so frustrating when you pay for a service and get none! I've been without a service for two weeks, sat in call queues for hours, had support tickets ignored for 7 days until I publicly shamed them on Twitter. Had follow ups to that saying they would reply in 24-48 hours and still nothing three days later. There's no way I'm staying in my contract and I'll take it to court if I have to, if your experience is anything like mine the odds are in your favour.
In the mean time let OFCOM know what's happened. They won't reply directly but it helps them build up a picture of how customers are being treated https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/formal-phone-company
Ben
chenks76
All Star

how is your response in any way related to the OPs?
the support is there and being offered. the OP, however, is not enabling the support to continue.
oh, and good luck taking it to court. hope you've got a good lawyer  Roll_eyes