cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer to Plus Net really regretting the decision

lexie40

new customer to Plus Net really regretting the decision

Sad
So have been a customer with pn since 16th March it was meant to be 11th March but there was a delay of 5 days meaning I was using mobile
I then had a problem with internet connection wasting a large amount of time on phone to technical supprt
I now have problems with my ring tone with my phone(which could be problem with the exchange)  which I never had before I have been told so many times on phone tonight about £60 if fault with my equipment which they would like me to plug in another phone which I don't have or plug into another phone socket which I don't have & that I would need to take a half/full day annual leave to get resolved.
Now I moved on recomendation from what I thought was a worse provider & am re-considering this
what do I have to do to get a good service
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: new customer to Plus Net really regretting the decision

welcome to the forums lexie40 Smiley
the £60 fee would be for all providers *if* there was a fault with your equipment, I had the same from bt when trying to sort out a fault for my in-laws phone, so it's not a PN thing. they just want to be sure you won't get charged this Smiley
engineering appointments are for 1/2 day slots and I know how painful that is, I've had 6 in 3 weeks - just hang in there and hopefully it will be sorted for you.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

A new customer since March? I take it you mean February.
If you cannot borrow another phone handset, a cheap one can be obtained for around £10 (for example from Tesco and ASDA).  If you are not completely satisfied with it I expect  that they will give you a refund / credit if you return it promptly. Wink
What do you mean by a problem with your ring-tone? Do you not have one?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lexie40,
Firstly, sorry to hear you're not having the best start to your service. I can understand how it must seem when we start bandying around figures like £60 for a call out charge. This is what we'd get charged for sending out a network engineer if the reported fault was with the customer's equipment. As you can imagine, if we didn't ask you to try these checks or warn you about a possible charge then that would potentially cause a lot of unhappiness.
If you let us know how you get on then we'd be happy to help you get your service back to normal.
Jojo Smiley