cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new cust - for a couple of hours and they want to charge me for a year! Watchdog

mrsdutch

new cust - for a couple of hours and they want to charge me for a year! Watchdog

I made the huge mistake of moving my phoneline and broadband to Plusnet to save a few pound. The first engineer arrived changed my socket from Virgin to BT and said it will all work tomorrow, A week later and a second half day of work no line working. There is a minimum 13 minute wait at 14p per minute on your mobile and basically no one cares.  Their adverts should explain their customer support is one man in a phone box. They charged £50 install fee (an absolute cheek) and then advised me that the engineers dont work weekends and will charge YOU if you are not there when the engineer comes to fix their fault on the line.
The second engineer fixed the fault one week later but he said he didn't do broadband and I would have to telephone Plusnet tech support again and hold for a further 24mins. So after two hours I put the modem back in the box and asked Virgin media to forgive me and take me back.
Although, there is a 14 day cooling off period as you would expect - plusnet have said I owe £51.60 plus the £155 annual line rental that I paid in advance. They are now ignoring my messages and I will will be writing to Watchdog too. Their product was not fit for purpose and they have a duty of care to their customers.
It was an expensive, stressful, time wasting experience. I won't ever recommend them to anyone. 
2 REPLIES 2
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: new cust - for a couple of hours and they want to charge me for a year! Watchdog

Hi and welcome to the forum - Sorry to hear about your issues getting connected. 
To be fair to Plusnet however...
Quote from: mrsdutch
I made the huge mistake of moving my phoneline and broadband to Plusnet to save a few pound.

You can't 'move' a phone line from Virgin Media to another provider.  You have to have a new line installed and then the number moved across.  The £49.99 install fee is for this new line.
Quote from: mrsdutch
Although, there is a 14 day cooling off period as you would expect - plusnet have said I owe £51.60 plus the £155 annual line rental that I paid in advance.

The 14 day cooling off period is from the time of order. not of install, as is made clear in clause 10 of the T&Cs
The support team here will pick this up tomorrow I'm sure and they have a good track record of making amends (financially) when you're up an running.  What you may have learnt the hard way is not to unilaterally declare a contract that you've agreed to as being null and void before giving the supplier a chance...
Hope it all works out for you!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: new cust - for a couple of hours and they want to charge me for a year! Watchdog

Hi mrsdutch,
We're really sorry about the unforeseen problems that delayed your phone line installation. I can see that the broadband service should be working just fine as the order for that completed on 13/11/14.
I can see you've raised a complaint, please bear with us and we'll respond to that ASAP, our policy for complaint handling is shown here in case you wanted to know what lead times should be involved: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml?source=keymatch
If you do wish to cancel we've advised how that can be done separately in our reply to ticket 94591203.
In the meantime if you need a working service please just reconnect the router as it should work just fine.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team