cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving home

adobo
Dabbler

moving home

I was generally happy with the service provided by Plusnet. Responses were reasonable, there was good communication, and when I reported an issue it was promptly resolved.
Now I had to move home. I got phone line the first day and supposedly I could get broadband 5 business days afterwards. I received all initial communications and all looked good. But now it is 10 business days after I got the phone line and 2 business days after the deadline set by Plusnet by which I definitely I should have broadband.
I don't seem to have broadband connection yet and I have requested a couple of updates to know if there is an issue which will take longer to solve, if I need a visit or even if supposedly is already activated, but it seems I have been left in the dark. An update would be appreciated as at the moment I am relying on 3G connection for the occasional work from home.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: moving home

The broadband order looks to be complete on the BT side. Can you confirm if you have sync? (What are the status of the lights on your route?)
EDIT: Line test shows you don't have sync.
Can you just try double checking the router into the main socket please. Once done, let us know so that we can re-run the tests for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
adobo
Dabbler

Thanks.
I have rechecked everything and only the power on and wifi LEDs are on... but now I found that I do not even get dialing tone in the phone. I had dialing tone last week.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oh dear, sounds like an Openreach foul-up. Report a phone fault asap.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@adobo
I've just tried to report this with out suppliers for you, however it appears their fault reporting systems are down at present.
Hopefully that should be rectified later today so I've sent my self a reminder to revisit this in the afternoon for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dnpark38
Rising Star

Out of interest long time ago when a BT customer if landline phone went down I could go to BT website and report a fault and input my mobile number and incoming calls were diverted to it.
Do they still do that?
If so now we are sort of with BT, Plusnet being a BT company, is it available to us?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, no your definitely with Plusnet so any phone faults need to be reported with us.
However we're working in including automated phone fault handling into our online faults troubleshooter soon.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: dnpark38
If so now we are sort of with BT, Plusnet being a BT company, is it available to us?

Do not confuse PlusNet being a member of the BT Parent group with what BT Retail (a peer member of the BT group) offer to their subscribers.
I believe that if the truth be known, the automated test functionality was in the engineering side of the old British Telecoms monolopy - when the market was opened up to more retail providers (and BT Retail, BT Wholesale and BT Openreach were born), all of the really nice to have fault automation engineering stuff was sneakily moved across to the new BT Retail division, so as to avoid other (new) provider's customers benefitting from the tools.  So much for a level playing field.
Given that all of the wires and kit belong to BT Openreach, all of the test systems ought to be within BTOR's remit and available to all customers irrespective of who is their Tcoms provider.
To be totally radical, the industry would be far simpler if EUs could report and manage line faults direct with BTOR - placing the retail agent in the middle helps no one, other than BTOR avoiding owning responsibility for failures in their network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@adobo
I've just reported the fault as the line testing system is back up.
Details are on ticket 101294255 for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adobo
Dabbler

Excellent!
Thank you very much