cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move from BT to Plusnet: very pleased

LuckyL

move from BT to Plusnet: very pleased

after the latest price hike, I eventually decided to leave BT (Infinity 2) and called up Plusnet. Opening the account was easy, I set a move date for today. I was kept up-to-date all the way via mail and SMS:

- a day after my order I received a conformation of the transfer date (phone)

- a day later, I received a confirmation of the broadband transfer which was scheduled for the day after the phone transfer (tomorrow).

- the router arrived last Thursday

- this morning, I found a notice that my phone line had moved, and it worked, this afternoon, I received confirmation that my broadband had been activated.

All it took to get back online was to change the username/password in my existing router and everything is up and running. Speed and latency the same as previously with BT, no router reset needed, no line calibration, absolutely seamless.

So I am very happy with the transfer process and the service - thank you, good people of Plusnet Smiley

For those thinking about switching or those anxiously browsing the forum in anticipation of the scheduled transfer a few points:

- I received the dispatch note for the router the day I found the package at my doorstep. It will come in time. And in case it shouldn't, you can use your existing router/VDSL modem.

- if you move both phone and broadband, the transfers may be scheduled on successive dates. I was initially told that there should only be a few hours service interruption. I think that the schedule is just a buffer in case something goes wrong with the phone transfer. And for me, a day without broadband wouldn't have been something to get worked up about. Anyway, in my case PlusNet were true to their word and I got completely switched over on one day.

- the Plusnet router is a rebranded HomeHub 5 which includes the modem, so you will no longer need the Openreach Modem - just plug the thing into the ADSL socket and it will auto-configure.

1 REPLY
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 163

Re: move from BT to Plusnet: very pleased

Thanks for the feedback on your activation, good to read. Welcome to Plusnet!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff