cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mattn fault (Re: BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds)

mattn

mattn fault (Re: BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds)

This sounds familiar. My speed has never got above 0.6 mps in the 11 months I've been a plusnet customer. Going round in circles trying to get them to sort it. Keep being given tests to do that I've already done! I'm now completely fed up, hopefully by posting on here someone will take ownership and sort it. BEWARE!
adie:green changed topic title)
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds

@mattn
Your issue isn't the same, your line has a fault causing the sync speed to be lower than ideal which means the speeds you're seeing have dropped. I can see this is with our faults team and they are investigating.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mattn

Hi Chris
The speeds I'm currently seeing haven't just dropped, they've never been above 0.6 mps in the 11 months that I've been a customer. I've had no speed issues with previous providers. I had quicker speeds with a dial up connection 10+ years ago!
As for being with the faults team and 'they are investigating', I haven't seen a lot of evidence of this. My issue keeps being passed around 1st line Support Advisors from what I can tell rather than being escalated to be resolved. As a consequence I'm being asked to repeat checks that I did weeks ago. I used live chat to try to progress things on Friday but the guy I spoke to couldn't do anything else. I've posted here as I've had no success with your other channels.
Your internal process for escalating issues has been non-existant. No problem with the people I've spoken to but your processes haven't been joined up at all. I asked for a formal complaint to be raised on Friday with regard to my slow speeds and your processes. I was told I'd be contacted within 2 days but surprise, surprise 3 days on I've heard nothing on that too.
All in all I've had a really poor experience of using Plusnet. I can see if I can post my speed test results on here from an app I have if my tablet lets me!
Chris
Legend

Hi mattn,
they've never been above 0.6 mps in the 11 months that I've been a customer.

Whilst I appreciate a fault is frustrating, I've looked over your account and can see this was reported to us towards the end of October. I understand that you've mentioned this has been ongoing for months, however unless it's reported to us there is nothing we can do to help. I see you contacted us in August and we advised of how to raise a fault, but we didn't hear back until October.
As the next step is to get an engineer out we're waiting on your availability to do so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: mattn fault (Re: BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds)

mod:note
Split for better visibility and as it's a different issue to previous topic.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mattn

Hi Chris
I actually contacted you around 10th October, approaching 4 weeks ago and my line was reset. I then had to contact you again 2 weeks later as nothing had improved. Either way from that contact point to now nearly 4 weeks has past and I'm no further forward and no closer to knowing when my issue will be resolved. There hasn't been an update on my Plusnet account for nearly 1 week.
I also contacted you around April and was given a series of checks to do. I'm still waiting to be contacted by your complaints department too. That 2 days I was told is now 4 days with no response!
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Do you have any wired phone extensions installed in your home?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Chris
Legend

Hi again,
I've just had a look over your fault ticket and it's reported as being resolved after moving back to the master socket. If you experience any future issues please let us know.