cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

left talk talk on 9th october 2009 biggest mistake of my life !

tihson
Grafter

left talk talk on 9th october 2009 biggest mistake of my life !

only got one thing to say,, its in my user name and i am not having any more of it
I have emails from plusnet confirming their incompetence, but when i just phoned them it is all human error !  MINE  !
Caviat emtor  might apply in south africa, but not in Rickmansworth.
47 REPLIES 47
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: left talk talk on 9th october 2009 biggest mistake of my life !

So, are you going to give us a clue what it's all about?
tihson
Grafter

OK promissed seemless transfer from talk talk,,instead 5 days with no phone & 2 weeks no broadband
1 weeks refund as compensation, and dial up, but customer services gave me wrong address for dial up .
I also had to spend £8.00 in mobile phone calls , and south africa could not accept it was not a 2p per minute call
Then i phoned BT and found out what was causing the delay, because plus net could not resolve it.
This resulted in the plus net trainer personally dealing with it ( Mike Trevor ) a week later broadband worked.
Now we fought to get broadband phone working , this took appx 2 hours in calls to plusnet, and it had not been set up when we were told previously it was all working correctly
A few weeks ago we were informed that due to our local exchange being UPGRADED my anticipated 4mb was being reduced to 2.5mb max
And anticipating at peak periods about 1.00mb  now the whole time we have been with talk talk average was about 3.8mb
I decided to stick with and upgraded my evening and weekend to anytime free phone calls , paid the £5.00 well in advance of billing period ending, got email confirming account changed from 8-11-2009 and a few days ago noticed i was still being charged for national and local calls.
I sent a support ticket and three days later got a reply to say that it was being changed as of 28th nov 2009
I phoned today and got told it was my error as i obviously did not press the confirm button so payment was not made, and therefore account still on evening and weekend calls free only.
Seems he obviously was not aware of the email below

Dear Mr Foster,
As you requested, your call plan is changing:
The change to your Talk Anytime will take effect on 08/11/2009.

Details
-------
New call plan:        Talk Anytime
Contract period:    Monthly
Old call plan:        Talk Evenings & Weekends
Need help?
----------
Check out our Home Phone help
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/

Got a question?
---------------
Instead of replying to this email, contact us using the Help Assistant -
http:///wizard/

Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://portal.plus.net
Email Ref: E0291
--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013
seems clear to me the left hand doese not know what the right hand is doing
its cost me in mobile phone calls, hours of my time on the phone, very slow broadband, and regular drop outs on service
at about midnight last night i lost my connection for about an hour
speed is so poor from about 4pm that i do most of my work after midnight, so i was up till 2.30 am this morning and then to get the response on the phone this evening made my blood boil
theres more but i just cant be bothered
tihson
Grafter

i forgot about this  only 12 days after the phone was connected
Dear Foster,
I'm sorry to tell you that we made a mistake with your previous bill for your phone
service. We have had a technical issue that has meant you were charged less than you
should have been.
You may have already noticed that we didn't take payment for the call charges part
of your phone bill. We did however take payment for your line rental.
This error will have affected the last month's bill and in some cases the one before.

What happens next?
On your next billing date we will take payment for all calls that have not yet been
billed.
The outstanding amount for calls is £259
Because some of these calls are from the previous month they will not be visible in
your current itemised bill in My Account. This means that the amount you will be
charged will be more than that shown currently in your itemised bill.
You will be able to see all the calls for which you will be charged by checking the
previous itemised billing periods. To do so please visit
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm sure that Mand (PN Comms team) will sort this out for you when she sees this it's not at all good and I would be fuming if it happened to me Huh
They do seem to be having their problems at the moment, but stick with it, things aren't normally this bad, I'm sure it will be resolved to your satisfaction, welcome to the Forums & PN.
Keep us updated.
If you are still having speed issues after Mand has resolved things, start a topic on the Broadband Speed board, I'm sure someone will be able to help out.
scootie
Grafter

catalog of errors on this one, As anotherone has said the comms team will pick this up today. the forum staff are the crème de la crème of the team
start a topic on the Broadband Speed board, I'm sure someone will be able to help out

touting for bussiness now are we  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Re:left talk talk on 9th october 2009 biggest mistake of my life !

Hi tihson,
We're looking into your issues now.
tihson
Grafter

I have been trying to send in speedtest result ( as requested )  done with the bt one which sends in a report
Now as requested i have tried the broadband fault checker which returns this answer every time ...below
We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.
Please try again in a few minutes.
Guess what when i go to account it says  as below
Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]

All initial checks have been completed without finding any problems. You now need to visit the Broadband Faults Checker and complete a number of detailed checks to progress your fault further. Please make sure you do this within the next 48 hours, otherwise your Question will close and your fault won't be checked anymore.
? = £  so heavens knows what the two above results mean
By the way i cant see what i am typing because the forum page is jumping up and down, and what i am typing is now hidden from view
orbrey you might want to check your support staff answer to my question about the ?3.34 question as they don't seem to agree with you, yet again its my fault, which i find amusing as i have to type £ signs into my internet shop every day  aparently my keyboard is set up rong ??????????  !!!!!!!!    (pound£)

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:left talk talk on 9th october 2009 biggest mistake of my life !

Hi tihson,
As per our conversation I'm waiting for the order to 21CN to complete (should be early next week) then we can get the 4mb profile assigned which should keep things stable and at the speeds you are used to. I'll give you another call when that happens.
Sorry for the ticket responses, I've been talking to some of the agents on there.
tihson
Grafter

Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]
I have had no broadband scince about 2.30 pm yesterday Tuesday !
Sent me this via message centre (NO TEXT OR PHONE CALL)
All initial checks have been completed without finding any problems. You now need to visit the Broadband Faults Checker and complete a number of detailed checks to progress your fault further. Please make sure you do this within the next 48 hours, otherwise your Question will close and your fault won't be checked anymore.

link:csa removed CSC Analyst 5:12pm, Tuesday 24th November 2009
Broadband Fault Checker - Detailed checks [ Completed ]
All questions have been completed by the user.

adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules]
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've got someone looking at your ticket now.
tihson
Grafter

Yesterday finaly broadband working at appx 2.7mb seems fairly stable
BT engineer called and all checks OK
Seems i was connected to rong Frame (service) hence my password was incorrect !
Here's hoping things are now looking on the up
Can say plusnet did at least listen to my complaint which makes them 100% better than talk talk
Will update once its been given a chance to settle
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear things appear to be fixed.
Keep us updated. Smiley
tihson
Grafter

Speed improved to average of 4 meg ( this is exactly what i had hoped for)
Still occasional drop outs , but not worth worrying about !
Looking Good So Far  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tihson,
That's fantastic news and exactly what I was hoping would happen. I'll check on your account later on, but I hope things stick this way - please let me know if not and I'll see what I can do for you.