cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving plusnet, record your calls and correspondence with them, you may need it

susan69

leaving plusnet, record your calls and correspondence with them, you may need it

I am now leaving plusnet after years of being a loyal customer. WHY?
After being not obligated to a contract for sometime, I received an offer from one of their sales staff in May 2015, saying I would pay less if I went back into contract for 18months. Like an idiot I agreed as I asked if anything would change except the price. I was told absolutely not. i would just get the discount. Shortly after I agreed a router turns up through the post. Nothing was wrong with the one I had. I called plusnet and enquired why they had sent it. I was advised that they do this with all new contracts and to throw away the existing router as this one had a new access code. I did as instructed.  I guess apart from the total waste of money this was for their company, I didn't really have a problem with. More fool me. Alarm bells should have started ringing. Over the following moths the speed of my service started to decline and at first I could reset the box and it seemed to clear up but then I had to start calling plusnet. As anyone knows this is an ordeal, I would rather avoid. they take on average 15mins to answer calls at best. I have waited over 40mins at their worst .
Long story condensed. Plusnet have now left me with an internet connection that even when hardwired to a laptop does not deliver the lowest connection speed of 1.5mbps. The are telling me that the range of speed they quote of 1.5 - 5.5 is impossible on my line. I could only achieve 2mbps maximum. I am currently averaging at 1.34-1.37. After who know how many hours of complaint over the past months, I have had it and told Plusnet, I am cancelling my contract.
Plusnet says, I have to pay just over £131 to do so. They want more time to address the complaint, despite not registering my complaints until yesterday. When I asked them where are the previous logs of my complaints. They denied that I have every made them. I then asked to be provided with details of the service history for my line. There was an entry on the 19th of August 2015 showing that my line had been reset, this was the response to numerous complaints and scrambling around the floor plugging and unplugging things for weeks.
Plusnet's original advise to me was to upgrade to fibre which is more expensive but I will get a good service. DON'T SEE HOW IT COULD BE WORSE!
I have contacted OFCOM and CISAS and will put in a written complaint to them today as well.
I have voice recorded my calls to Plusnet and taken photos / to show the performance test results from the hardwired laptop.

I will never use them again, or recommend them to anyone.
ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: leaving plusnet, record your calls and correspondence with them, you may need it

Hi there Susan,
Sorry to hear about the problems you have had. There's a lot of issues here that I have to admit I am a little confused as to what we have done.  Huh
Quote from: susan69
Shortly after I agreed a router turns up through the post. Nothing was wrong with the one I had. I called plusnet and enquired why they had sent it. I was advised that they do this with all new contracts and to throw away the existing router as this one had a new access code. I did as instructed.

This certainly isn't the correct practice, so I'm not sure why you were advised that, and I most certainly have fed back.  Roll_eyes
Would you say that the speeds have only worsened since this new router has been in use?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: leaving plusnet, record your calls and correspondence with them, you may need it

Hi Susan,
A warm welcome to the forums, sorry to hear of your tale of woes.
Is does rather sound like you've had some bad advice - it ought not to happen, but sadly from time to time it happens.  I'm told it's called being human - they make mistakes!
Being contracted ought to have made no difference to your technical service.  Which model is the new router?  Did you keep the old one?  If yes, have you tried using that again?  Which model is it and do you know the firmware level?
The speed issues thread (link below) will guide you in finding information which might help sort out this problem.  Whilst it could be a duff router, it is equally possible that the phone line has deteriorated.  Is it clear, without any noise?  Dial 17070 option 2.
If I were in your shoes, I'd want to be certain that there were no issues with the BTOR supplied and managed phone line, as that all remains unchanged should you decide to change ISP.
Hope that helps a little.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.