cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install let down - what's going on

meem
Grafter

install let down - what's going on

ordered phone + fibre 20th November, paid full line rental upfront on the day. Told the agent via the online chat the dates of my current disconnection from Sky (phone + fibre) (i'd already given notice). He confirmed they would communicate it with sky.
installation date set to 5th December - told they will confirm the time slot within xx days (am now well inside that time period)
rang up this morning to find out which slot it's going to be - since I did my order online this is the first time i've had to call Plus Net, boy I wasn't prepared for that. 20+ minute queue to get through to somebody - that sucks. I somehow got "disconnected" from that person, so you can imagine I am not best pleased. Immediately call back, this time the wait length is 30+ minutes. He told me that the request had been mistakingly sent to another provider, not Sky ('our third party contractors')
Alarm bells are already ringing for proceeding with PlusNet and I feel like this is my chance to get out now, 30 minute queues is simply unacceptable if I ever need to call up.
i've now had a message on the support system telling me that a new provisional installation date is the 12th, another open message telling me that the phone order failed and will be looked into... and (when looking through the stack of 'closed messages that I didn't even know were ever there), an unrelated message giving me an installation date of 22nd December
I've now got no telephone, no internet, no clue what is going on, two different install dates (and if you think I will chance anything that close to christmas, you can think again)
I want to know, DEFINITIVELY, that my order is OKAY, that I WILL get my service on an agreed (and agreeable) date and that whoever is responsible for messing up at least apologises, because right now I have zero confidence in PlusNet and am being massively inconvenienced
I'd rather call somebody than post on a forum... but 30 minute wait on a mobile (0800 or not, that's not a free call), .............
29 REPLIES 29
meem
Grafter

let down by plusnet

Not sure if these posts are just disappearing into the ether, maybe if the telephone queue wasn't 30+ minutes each time I call, and chargeable from my mobile (since you've left me with no phone and no internet - over £10 in call charges so far, thanks very much)
Each person I talk to tells me that the previous person made a mistake, but don't worry because they have processed it properly this time, and will personally monitor my ticket for me!
Meanwhile I am no closer to having any service.
The first guy disconnected me
The second guy blamed it on "our suppliers making a mistake and contacting the wrong former provider
The third person told me that "everybody in the chain so far has done it wrong... but this time it's done"
My tickets don't get updated until I actually persevere in calling in
ticket: #77887926
As a brand new customer, who has paid you £130+ upfront, been left without all service, now burning money to call your massively oversubscribed support department, burning more money to at least provide an alternative mobile internet solution... what a shocking introduction, and not somebody that I want to be contracted to for the next 12 months
1. I expect a prompt response to my ticket
2. I want to officially know my options (i.e getting a refund, what needs to be done to get my line and internet re-activated elsewhere)
3. And if there is any cost in getting an active service elsewhere (i.e telephone line), who is supposed to pay for it....
Until I made the mistake of transferring services to you I had a perfectly working telephone and fibre service... boy what a mistake i've made thus far
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: let down by plusnet

Two posts merged and moved to Feedback as it seemed the best place for it
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: install let down - what's going on

Firstly, it's frustrating to hear about troubles with installs.
You will definitely have a crossover period without phone or internet IF you cancel one service and then sign up for a new service, if you had used your mac code from your previous supplier and given this to PN when joining you wouldn't have the disconnection from your old supplier until the day your new service goes in.
However it does seem you've been messed around by the install dates but I would suggest the current date of the 12th may sound correct (ignore the date on the closed ticket as it is closed for a reason (usually because they're not reinvent.)
coolvicky2

Why don't you merge my ticket as well with this , what about me then? my order has been paid on 2nd october suppose to be done on 21 october and today is 3rd of december
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@meem
I've asked one of the team to pick this up, he'll reply here shortly.
@coolvicky
The same person will be replying to your other thread too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
meem
Grafter

Quote from: gnicholson8
Firstly, it's frustrating to hear about troubles with installs.
You will definitely have a crossover period without phone or internet IF you cancel one service and then sign up for a new service, if

i still had service from Sky when I took out the Plusnet deal. I gave them all the details of my sky - including the final date, and asked if I should do anything different with regards to sky account closure. I was assured that the way it was done was the correct way, they'd talk to Sky before the Sky end date, and I needn't do anything.A bit of downtime was okay from my perspective (emphasis on bit, measured in days, not the ~1 month its going to actually be)
The only reason I even called in the first place (discovering what a mess it's all became) was to know the time slot that they were coming on Thursday since they hadn't confirmed still, all this nonsense was unbeknown to me - and the only time it gets actioned (which to date has involved them doing the same thing, and having it fail in the same way every time) is when I persevere through the telephone 30minute queue. They simply aren't forthcoming without being chased, nor do any actions progress without the telephone call instigating it
gnicholson8
Grafter

But as you had already cancelled (ie arranged a final date with your previous supplier PN can't actually do much until the cancellation takes place as their is a current service on the line already.
When you contacted Sky did you cancel or request your MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) If you requested a MAC, you don't technically cancel with your previous supplier until you provide your MAC to your new supplier, they liaise with your previous supplier to offer seamless transfer.
I am not saying PN have not made mistakes (they clearly have) however cancelling and rebooking instead of using a MAC key to transfer your service does mean it will take longer usually.
your previous ISP REALLY should tell you about the MAC and how to use it if you're transferring service.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
To clarify we don't usually need a MAC if the service with Sky is Full LLU (i.e if phone and broadband were both with them).
Having checked I can see the order we've previously placed to transfer the line over was rejected due to there being "no service with the current supplier" i.e indicating Sky have ceased the line.
I can see an order to restart the stopped line has now completed and we need to rearrange a fibre installation for you.
I'm dealing with that now and will aim for the very soonest available appointment, please lookout for a reply to ticket 77887926 shortly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
meem
Grafter

Quote from: gnicholson8
But as you had already cancelled (ie arranged a final date with your previous supplier PN can't actually do much until the cancellation takes place as their is a current service on the line already.
When you contacted Sky did you cancel or request your MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) If you requested a MAC, you don't technically cancel with your previous supplier until you provide your MAC to your new supplier, they liaise with your previous supplier to offer seamless transfer.
I am not saying PN have not made mistakes (they clearly have) however cancelling and rebooking instead of using a MAC key to transfer your service does mean it will take longer usually.
your previous ISP REALLY should tell you about the MAC and how to use it if you're transferring service.

Plusnet told me that I didn't need a MAC because I came from Sky - the process I followed is the one that PN instructed me to do at the time of booking
They also seem to think that I am going to trust them with an install date 2 days before christmas to have a successful install - after reading this forum, and my own personal experiences...  as if!
I am still waiting to hear my options for getting another provider to resume my service and get my full refund from PlusNet since you have completely messed me about, and your support department is so woefully understaffed (30minute delay any time of day) that it's not fit for purpose.
It took one phone call to sky to get my fibre order placed, all of 10 minutes on the line and the engineer turned up on the right day. I've never had a problem with service, and for reasons that I no longer understand, I decided to switch providers. Compare that to experiences of moving to this shambles
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@meem
As per my reply to your ticket I need to wait for 24 hours to elapse before I can place a new order.
If you don't wish to proceed and would like to cancel I'd need to advise speaking with our customer options team via the following details:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
meem
Grafter

And as per my posts, tickets  and various phone calls, I am sick to death of this abhorrent customer service, the 30 minute+ delays to call support, the COMPLETE LACK OF NOTIFICATION or COMMUNICATION unless I persevere with an extremely long telephone wait to chase/kick something into action temporarily.
I said i want to know my options for getting service back on my line (i.e what is involved for Sky, the old supplier, or a.n.other more competent company to provide me with a service) since I don't know what mess you've left my phone/broadband capability in. I want to hear about getting my 130odd quid refunded, and more to the point I don't want to sit on a phone for 30+ minutes trying to get somewhere.
I also asked for the contact details of somebody that I can personally escalate this to, since bashing you on a forum and writing irate tickets does neither of us any good
I also realise that my incredibly arsey tone is not conducive to you going out of your way to help me, but I am the customer here, I have paid you good money up front, a lot of money at that, you have completely ballsed up my order, left me without any service (and the likelihood of not getting a guaranteed internet service until 2014), your support team is so woefully understaffed it is embarrassing that, had I known this at the time of ordering I'd have stayed well clear, and I'm sure plenty others are saying the same thing) and dealing with your company has been an extremely frustrating experience.
I had a perfectly working service. I followed the plusnet instructions to the tee and now I don't have a working service. I get faint apologies only after I go out of my way to get them, I don't feel that PN wants me as their customer, they don't treat me like they do or should, and more to the point I don't think PN deserves to get my custom or money when they treat me with such contempt.
Now please, enough of the forum ranting, please give me somebody that I can talk with and escalate this farce off a public community forum
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

please give me somebody that I can talk with and escalate this farce off a public community forum

Hi, that's exactly why I picked this issue up yesterday for you.
At present I'm aiming to get a new order for your fibre service placed ASAP, I need to do this due to the previous one having been cancelled due to the cease order that Sky placed.
As the order to bring your line into our ownership completed yesterday we have to wait 24 hours from that point for our suppliers availability records to update before we can order fibre, we're not quite there yet so I'll return to this later in the afternoon. In case you were wondering the previous order was done via an entirely different process called simultaneous ordering, which as the name implies means both phone and fibre would have been activated on the same date, as that's now not possible we're having to deal with these issues separately for you.
I hope I've demonstrated what the situation is and where we stand and that I'm doing all we can at the moment, if you'd like to speak with me directly I'm more than happy to give you a call if you're available before 5.30pm today, if so please feel free to send me a private message with the best number to use.
My only aim is to get you up and running as soon as humanly possible. When I know I have an order in place I'll refund the first month of fibre subscription a a gesture of good will. How does that sound?
Adam
EDIT:
Just a quick update to let you know that I've just updated ticket 77887926 for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
meem
Grafter

malicious bait and switch

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point
I start off with a fully working fibre internet service
I make the fatal mistake of switching service to PlusNet
You check my line, you check my postcode, my address, you give me the thumbs up
You mess up my switch and leave me without any service
Your support line is so utterly under resourced that it takes 30 minutes just to get through, because you left me without a telephone I've now incurred £13.90 worth of calls on my mobile
Finally, just when it appears we might be getting somewhere, and at the point where it really can't get any worse, you tell me...
"OOPS, WE'RE SORRY! WE CANT GIVE YOU FIBRE, IT'S NOT IN YOUR AREA! OUR BAD FOR APPEARING TO GIVE YOU MISLEADING INFO!"
what a complete and utter ....... joke
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: malicious bait and switch

I understand this must be very disappointing but let me assure you it isn't malicious.
I've explained the course of events on ticket 77887926 and I'm extremely sorry that we haven't set a clear expectation with you about fibre availability from the off.
Adam

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems I've been party to some incorrect information about the availability of fibre to your property. After some further checks we can see that fibre is available at the local exchange and according to some separate reports we can access at the cab so I'm going to try and place an order again tomorrow for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team