cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to actualyl ask a qyuestion and get it sernt to you.

AfterImage
Dabbler

how to actualyl ask a qyuestion and get it sernt to you.

I am trying to log the message below as a call: All I get is suggestions, noe of which help which is why I want to log a call.
Hi, I recently swapped my phoner to PlusNet having been a 'broadband only' customer for many years. The web apges said that there would be no change to my billing, yet when I set ity up the system insistred on a Direct Debit instruction. I called you help desk and the support guy said this was necessary to get it set up, but thast it could be cancelled later afterwards and would revert to my Credit Card as before.
So, I've set it up, you've transferred my line to PlusNet and you've confirmed you will take the first payment in 3 days time by Direct Debit. How do I cancel the Direct Debit, or chnage the account detaisl so that my primary source is Credit Card ? i don't keep money in my current account and I don't use Direct Debits which is the reason I moved from BT in the first place.
thanks,
Graham
4 REPLIES 4
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: how to actualyl ask a qyuestion and get it sernt to you.

I think after the first payment you can cancel your DD Or If PN cant get the cash out the bank they will go for the credit card next but I'm not 100% on this.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
AfterImage
Dabbler

Thanks,
if that's the case then I guess i'll have to wait; But how are you actually supposed to log a call when the 'ask a question' process just keeps recommending you look at other options without giving you the option of actually sending the question to the support team ? oh, and why isn't there a spell checker in these dialogue boxes !
Graham
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The help assistant is there to try and direct your problem to the right team. If the on-line help does not answer your question then most of the help menus have 'I can't find what i'm looking for, I just want to Ask a Question' at the bottom. Just click on the link and you can type your question in. But try to drill down to the relevant area of your problem first (e.g billing) before clicking the link so the question goes into the correct pool.
As for spell checkers, most people use the add-on spell checkers that can be installed on most current browsers - for firefox use the British English Dictionary add-on which will highlight any misspelled words in input boxes (like the one you typed your post in). For IE7 & 8 use IEspell.
Dom
Grafter

Quote from: AfterImage
oh, and why isn't there a spell checker in these dialogue boxes !

You're unlikely to find any website with built-in spell checkers to be honest. Just install an add-on for your browser, or type out your text in Microsoft Word (or equivalent) to get your spelling errors.
But do something, Christ. Don't just type a load of gibberish into the box and click the button! I can barely read it! Wink