cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how come the talk evenings now starts from 7pm

alisonholden
Dabbler

Re: how come the talk evenings now starts from 7pm

thanks everyone for the useful pieces of information.
to the plusnet person who just replied i've had the same email address for the last 10 years and its correct on my account details!
i DEF DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL STATING THIS! AND I DO NOT EXPECT TO HAVE TO LOOK IT UP ON THE FORUMS OR ON THE WEBSITE!!!
I SHALL BE LEAVING PLUSNET!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you dont expect to look for it, how the heck do you think you will find out, the e-mail would have been sent to Postmaster@ and to your default if you had another
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

There are other options for free calls.
What about skype? On 3 network, you can make calls from your phone for free. No being tied to the computer.
Or pay the extra £5 for 3000 minutes. works out  at 6p a minute.
alisonholden
Dabbler

i'm going to Sky they have an excellent deal on broadband and phoneline packages!
Not applicable

Alison - the Sky deals might seem good but you've got to have the television packages too so could work out more expensive, particularly if you don't watch TV so much. Also, only the 2GB allowance broadband is 'free' so you have to pay if you want more.
I can see why you are annoyed and might not want advice (sorry in advance if this is the case) but sometimes it is best to let the dust settle a bit before making hasty decisions. 
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

You do not need to have Sky TV to get their broadband and phone packages Smiley
With out Sky TV the prices are (were exchanges have been enabled)
Broadband on its own  15.00 pm
If you take also take Sky Talk Freetime broadband is 10.00 pm
See here
http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-options/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Force9Original
Grafter

Sky ?
They have the same 7pm evening call period as Plusnet
From Sky T&C's
Evening call period:Our evening calling hours are 7pm-7am. With Sky Talk Freetime your inclusive evening calls to UK# landline numbers start from 7pm. Our weekend calling hours are midnight Friday to midnight Sunday. Our evening call period is the same as BT's and TalkTalk's.
If Price is an issue , Primus line rental is £7.99 per month, (via broadband choices website) and Primus also has the key 6pm evening call period start time.  Also your still under BT's network instead of an LLU operator which makes life easier if you ever want to change phone line providers again.
Thx f9o
hitchhiker42

Quote from: alisonholden
why has the talk evenings and weekends changed - its supposed to be after 6pm not 7pm?!!!!!

This is another sly change!! Plusnet has removed three of the reasons i started using there phone sevice 3 months ago already and in a sly manner..................
God knows what hidden catches are in there new tariff tables...........users beware
If there sly and underhand behaviour continues i will be leaving.
What a joke, discount if you stuff up a friend by recomending them hahahaha
adie:orange removed all caps as per link:rules
idlewis
Grafter

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
The reason that some companies have changed to 7pm from 6pm is because that some companies work until 6pm or later so some had to change the timing of their peak and off-peak calls to take account of this. 
nadger
Rising Star

Have to say that since using 18185, with Plusnet E&W, I've saved money  Smiley
Don't call there but Spain is 1p/minute with 4p set-up fee - 30mins to Spain would cost 34p
rgsuk
Dabbler

I use 18185 with my landline. Can talk to anyone in the UK for as long as I like for any length of time for a 5p connection fee and no other charge. None of that dodgy business of having to redial after an hour (designed to catch you out when you forget) either. Usually there are no call charges on my quarterly BT landline bill. I hate BT with a passion (and yes I know they own Plus.net - I found out after I signed up). They probably own 18185 as well knowing my luck.