cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

house move disaster Again *sighs*

warbleeder
Grafter

house move disaster Again *sighs*

i moved house in october and bought my plusnet services with me when i moved i had problems where i got charged fo a BT line to be installed (did get it refunded) ... but then after the fun of that i start having BB issues due to voicemail.. V/m taken off for afew months no problems so i put it back on.... problems start again
this month i have been charge £15 for 15GB over usage ... due to download ect timing out because of the fault on my line...
seeing my bill i call P/N and tell them im willing to pay for the rest of my bill but im disputing the £15 extra charge....
however they refuse to take payment.... Leave my account on restrited access ... so i am not allowed to view my usage nor my phone bill
and to top it all of on one of the calls to PN i get told by CSR (it is you fault you used the 15GB extra) and incured the charge
now someone please correct me if i am wrong but if a server on my line is not working properly and causes my downloads to time out ect... and me to reset the modem after my BB freezes
then that would not be my fault right?
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: house move disaster Again *sighs*

Decent download software from decent download sites will allow part downloads to be resumed, so yes it's your fault.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
warbleeder
Grafter

my fault? do you work for PN by any chance? kinda funny how you said nothing about the ongoing problem since october
so yea if i make BT hardware and i program their software sure its my fault
warbleeder
Grafter

ow and jelv not EVERYONE supports part downloads
i normaly use bitcomet to download files .... (not torrents) as this allows you to pause and resume but not every software distro supports pause and resume .... no matter what software you use
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The point I'm making is that it is not Plusnet's fault that you have had to download some parts of files more than once. To go over by such a huge amount you must be downloading huge files - have you checked if they are available on Usenet when they would normally be in parts to be reassembled?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi warbleeder,
I can see that you've had some dropping connections recently, if it is the voicemail that's causing it then I suspect we'd need to raise a fault (we could remove it from the line but it'd be better to get things working with it on) - though I'm afraid we couldn't really take responsibility for the usage charges.
Does the voicemail cause noise on the phone line that you've noticed?
warbleeder
Grafter

ive now spoke to someone who's looking in to it properly...
the fact this has been on going for almost 5 months.... says something
and and its nor my fault specially when im not i have to have voicemail on my line for the issue to get resolved .... both plusnet and BT have admitted faults on the line so there for plusnet and or BT are responsible for any problems that are caused and any additional fee i endorse due to the faults on my line
im getting tired of calling you when there's a fault and been told nothing is wrong... im imagining it so to speak....
First house i had plusnet install i called you with a fault.... 5ish months of been told their no fault on my line a bt engineer comes out and repairs a faulty copper line....
last house about 3 months i had a fault of loosing BB connection go told no fault yet again turns out the port i was on at the exchange was faulty ... i get put onto a new board/card and fault is gone
this fault ... on going since October  first of all i got told voice mail wont cause any problems ..... then i get told wrong voicemail... suppose to have been fixed and it has still yet to be
your oright to jump on us if payment is a day or so over but we get nothing for problems that take months to sort out
now fair enough i understand BT delay the process of faults and what not but you been my/our ISP ... that makes you responsible to make sure we are getting a good standard  of customer service and listen to your customers
now what i can not understand is... and i would like this answering ... 3 big faults ive had so far witch has caused me to not receive the service i am paying you for ..... why dose it take 3-6 months to sort out such faults?
warbleeder
Grafter

also i would like to add... if P/N are not willing to even consider refunding any of the £15 over charge i will be contacting off-com as both PN and BT have admitted faults on my line and PN have logs of me reporting it.... i mean comon for god sakes u keep telling me u have fixed this this and that....
but fault still continues..... keep getting the 72 hour reply crap ..... so whats next? maybe i get a message saying
BT have fixed a issue with your line and your problems should be resolved?
so i either call it on go to ticket and more than likly say problem not fixed blah blah blah.....
PN reply please allow up to 72 more hours for us to look into ur issue
warbleeder
Grafter

had a message from plusnet today ...
BT have now cleared a SECOND fault on your line and believe the issue is now resolved...
complaining to you since October and at least 2 faults on my line....
correct me if im wrong but what happened to test and stuff been run before you move in? ....
also didnt i have to wait a extra week or 2 for my broadband been connected? because the house move order wasnt put through correctly?
after you took money off me for a phone line to be installed when one was not needed? (yes i got a refund when someone realized)
and still none of this is PN's fault?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

also i would like to add... if P/N are not willing to even consider refunding any of the £15 over charge i will be contacting off-com as both PN and BT have admitted faults on my line and PN have logs of me reporting it.... i mean comon for god sakes u keep telling me u have fixed this this and that....

I'll update you on ticket 51870160 about that.
because the house move order wasnt put through correctly?

Yes I can see from ticket 47261301 there was an issue with that, as far as I can see any issues arising from that have already been resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team