Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home phone-order cancelled

cbf150s
Dabbler

home phone-order cancelled

Hi,
I bought a broadband contract online yesterday. Today, I received an email that says, 'your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled.' However, there's no reason / explanation given.
Does this mean that Plusnet won't take over the existing phone line or has the contract been cancelled?
18 REPLIES 18
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: home phone-order cancelled

It looks like the order was cancelled by your existing provider saying your not moving?
Can you PM me your address?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbf150s
Dabbler

PM
cbf150s
Dabbler

If you have any information about what happened, please give me an update.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've replaced the orders and I'm just monitoring them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbf150s
Dabbler

Just received another similar email saying the order for home phone is cancelled. Why is this happening again and again?
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Matthew
It looks like the order was cancelled by your existing provider saying your not moving?
Can you PM me your address?

you're not your. Not very professional Matthew. Smiley
cbf150s
Dabbler

Would appreciate if someone from the company could confirm I'll still get the broadband.
cbf150s
Dabbler

The 14 day period to cancel the contract ends tomorrow and I have no idea if I'll get broadband or not.
Someone help! Should I cancel?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: cbf150s
Just received another similar email saying the order for home phone is cancelled. Why is this happening again and again?

There are a multitude of reasons why an order gets cancelled by BTw / BTOR.
As a first step, I'd look at double checking your order details - phone number, address, post code.  Sometimes the reason an order get repeatedly cancelled is that the wrong circuit has been identified and the cancellation is the other subscriber (correctly) rejecting the transfer request.
This needs CRT to investigate and report back.
What is somewhat unfortunate is that once an order has gone pear shaped, fixing the detritus in the ordering system can be challenging.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cbf150s
Dabbler

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, the details are correct. Smiley
During the order, I did confirm that I want Plusnet to take over the existing phone line.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you plug a handset into the phone socket and dial 17070.
That should read the number back to you. Once you've got that if you can PM me it we can try and find out why the orders are cancelling.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Please double check the phone number you write down from the above and that on the order.
I have screwed up a BB order in the past by transposing two digits in the number I ordered the line for - it is too easy to do!  Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Nice suggestion, however there's no number on the order as it will be going through as a working line takeover from what I can see.
I have a feeling this might have something to do with where the lines are registered, it's possible that the line showing at the address is actually not actually at the address and belongs to a neighbour. If there is a line at the address (Physically) it may be registered to a different address Roll_eyes
We won't actually be able to confirm this until we have the number and we've sent an ALID request off. Even then it might not give us a definitive answer.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cbf150s
Dabbler

The handset didnt work when I plugged it in the phone socket. (for some reason there are two, tried both). Maybe there isnt a working line afterall or the handset could be broken, found it in a random drawer in the flat.