Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have plusnet broadband, just added phone

maxheadroom
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

have plusnet broadband, just added phone

Hi, have had plusnet broadband for over a year now, and have just added phone as well. Currently with BT, hopefully the change over will be a smooth one. Have gone for the line rental saver, currently paying BT in cash by quarterly bill. so will save quite a bit of money.
Have not had a problem with my broadband, apart from in the last few months my download speed has dropped from 10.8MB to 9.5MB, but causes me no problems.
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: have plusnet broadband, just added phone

Welcome to the forum maxheadroom. I hope everything goes well for you. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi from myself and the rest of the staff here at PN too. Hope everything goes to plan, make sure you let us know if there's any issues and we'll be happy to help.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maxheadroom
Dabbler

Hi, strat and _Adam_Walker_ thanks for the welcome.  I am sure everything will be just fine. My phone number is ex-directory and from what i have read on other posts it will be transfered as so, can you confirm that this is the case please.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Might be an idea to raise a ticket on your account emphasising your desire for ex-directory status.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
peter10
Grafter

I moved from BT last year and the change went smoothly. I was ex-directory with BT but after the move I checked the BT on line directory and found that I was listed. I went through Help and Support and my number was removed very quickly. It may be worth checking after you have transferred.
So far no regrets about leaving BT..
James
Grafter

@maxheadroom
All our phone orders have ex-directory included.  As your's is 'just' a transfer, I would not foresee any issues occurring.
@Salmo - At that time our t+c's stated that your number would be included in the phone book.  We don't do that anymore Smiley
maxheadroom
Dabbler

Hi salmo.  Hi jameseh, thanks for the confirmation on the ex-directory question. I received a letter a few days ago from BT confirming the move over to Plusnet, so everything on course for a smooth change over. Smiley