cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

great customer service until you wish to cancel

mike77

great customer service until you wish to cancel

i have been with plusnet for 18 months and only leaving as i am moving home and have it set up there already through another provider.  in the past when i have had issues plusnet have always been quick to respond as most can be done via emails.  i phoned to cancel today and after 17 minutes on hold i get through to someone whom puts me on hold again. in total i was waiting 31 minutes to cancel. cant believe that the only way to cancel is by phone. i know you want to make it hard for people to leave but this is a joke.  i would have considered coming back to plusnet in the future but things like really get my back up so it is bye forever.  there is half an hour of my life i wont get back
12 REPLIES 12
James
Grafter

Re: great customer service until you wish to cancel

Hi there,
I'm sorry you struggled getting through earlier, we had a really busy morning.
It looks like the phone lines are now a lot quieter if you would like to try again?
It's 08004320200, Option 1, Option 2, Option 5 will take you straight to our Customer Options Team.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Jameseh
It's 08004320200, Option 1, Option 2, Option 5 will take you straight to our Customer Options Team.

Oxymoron alert Roll_eyes
Still, its good to know that I can cancel my broadband account easier than getting a repeat prescription from my GP
My other car isn't a Ferrari
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I hate to disagree but to get a repeat prescription from my GP all I do is logon to the web page and tick the required box and it is done - about 2 days later I pick it up from the dispensary at the surgery - a doddle and no having to phone anyone
Now if I could request a MAC the same way
Mark
Grafter

Now if I could request a MAC the same way

But to get that prescription you've previously given the doctor an opportunity to understand what is up and afford him the opportunity to fix it Wink
M
jatom

I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP. Tried a number of times last week to get through by phone to cancel but no luck.an't be bothered with all this fuss to cancel a service to be honest . I tried to cancel two weeks ago but was told 30 days is max notice they will take. Got enough stress with moving already without this nonsense. Come on Plusnet stop being cheapskates and provide an alternative to having to phone in to cancel - your 0800 number is not free on a mobile and the waiting times for the call to be picked up are unacceptable. Never had a problem getting through to other departments - why this one?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

There are two numbers so why not use the one which is included in your calling plan  0800 432 0200 and 0345 140 0200
jatom

I am well aware there are two numbers. Please don't trouble yourself to respond if you don't have anything helpful to say.
jim:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's totally unjustified! You posted:
Quote from: jatom
Come on Plusnet stop being cheapskates and provide an alternative to having to phone in to cancel - your 0800 number is not free on a mobile

and Jim posted to point out that there was an alternative which would be included in a mobile calling plan. I thought he was being very helpful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
The_10th
Grafter

It's not unusual to have to phone to cancel and to be honest it's always nice to have direct contact and a name as well as being able to answer questions. Also gives the company a chance to try and dissuade you from leaving too of course...
Regarding calling plans - not everyone has a contract and could well be PAYG. If the poster was on giffgaff then mobile calls to the freephone number would be free for info. If they have a broadband connection though, the landline would be active too and the freephone number free also though I would have thought.
Having to hold on though is frustrating and time is the most valuable asset there is so do sympathise.
jatom

Quote from: jelv
That's totally unjustified! You posted:
and Jim posted to point out that there was an alternative which would be included in a mobile calling plan. I thought he was being very helpful.

This is a feedback forum. I am therefore entitled to give feedback whether you agree with it or not.
Aside from the fact it seems the point is being missed here. I cannot phone in work hours and hold on for 20 mins plus which is what was quoted when I tried to phone yet again to cancel this contract. I guarantee I will not be a customer of plusnet again. There's a perfectly simple solution which is to allow people to cancel by email or post. Hardly rocket science I would have thought.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You can cancel by post http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
2.A cancellation request can be made in one of two ways: •By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation is by calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. Any notice period that applies to the cancellation request will start as soon as a call is made to our Customer Options Team.
•By post to: Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for customers' own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the account username, and if appropriate any final payments due should be included.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You get to that by going to:
Help & Support
Ask a question
I'm thinking of leaving
Want to cancel or get a MAC Key? - Call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200
At the bottom of the page that gives click the Cancellation policy link
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)