cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good news for those who dont get PN e-mails

NorthRiding
Grafter

Re: good news for those who dont get PN e-mails

Thanks Ben. Since I set up the postmaster account again (albeit in the wrong place apparently), I have begun to receive 2 copies of each email, I just got notification that PN are going to collect my DD as normal - once to postmaster and once to my default account and also 2 copies of notification of my new email account (postmaster). Perhaps I will delete it again so that I just get one copy of everything to me, even though I might dip out on offers. Not sure why I need a postmaster account, I have read all the bumph but I still don't understand it. Doesn't seem important so I won't bother with it again methinks? Can't see why PN don't send everything to the default account, why have another default account? There must be a reason but never mind, not a big problem so please don't spend any more time on it. Thanks.
NorthRiding
Grafter

Well, you wouldn't believe it. Immediately (and I mean within a minute or two) after sending the above reply, I got an email promoting an offer (first one I have ever seen) addressed both to postmaster and to my default account so I obviously don't need postmaster. I also suspect Ben had something to do with this - perhaps turning on an offer stream or something which hadn't been turned on. Great.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, I didn't turn anything on, I just looked at your account.
We copy in postmaster@ on each email, as well as your default email address. I believe that if you set your contact email address as postmaster@ then the system will only send one email.
As an alternative, you can create postmaster@ as a redirect to your default mailbox and blackhole your contact email address.
I haven't tested either method so please let me know if either is successful or otherwise.