Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good news for those who dont get PN e-mails

TicnTac
Grafter

Re: good news for those who dont get PN e-mails

Simply pass your Plusnet username to anyone

Not to anyone, especially those who maybe able to guess your password, log in and mess your account up  Roll_eyes Just a little insecure lots!  Roll_eyes
Just had this chat on the phone with Mr Adam lol
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Chrism2
how do I get my vouchers?

They will be sent automatically in due course Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

more marketing today
Hello.
3 months free broadband for you and a friend. Our treat.
Sounds like a tempting offer, doesn't it? And it's really easy to get. Simply recommend a friend to Plusnet before 10th October and we'll give you a whopping 3 months broadband completely free*. To sweeten the deal we'll give your friend 3 months free broadband too^.
Even better, you'll still get our normal referral discounts on your bill each month
Pass on this special link to ensure you and your friend both get 3 months free broadband:
http://www.plus.net/latest_offers/
Make sure you give your Plusnet username to your friend so you get your discount. When prompted, your friend will need to enter the special code 'refer3' to get their 3 months free.
All the best,

Nick Rawlings
Commercial & Marketing Director, Plusnet
Chrism2
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
Quote from: Chrism2
how do I get my vouchers?

They will be sent automatically in due course Smiley

It would be nice, as an idea for the future, to be informed by email if we get "hits" that qualify. "Due course", does not, alas inform us of much. The same would go for the current incentive. I fairly regularly get referrals, so keeping me informed of these things would be very nice.
WebDude
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
more marketing today
Thanks for publishing it in here...
Make sure you give your Plusnet username to your friend so you get your discount. When prompted, your friend will need to enter the special code 'refer3' to get their 3 months free.

Here's my suggestion  (which I hope staff at PlusNet will at least acknowledge and consider) ...  As I just wish there was some easier way which to allow an existing customer to have a referral link which does all those things in one go - something like
  http://www.plus.net/newuser.php?promo=refer3&user=<customer>
Well, just an idea that would make it easy for an existing customer to be sure the PN end gets the correct username (no typos etc) and gives the prospect their deal, too.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@WebDude
Thanks for the idea, I've passed it on to our Development Team Smiley
NorthRiding
Grafter

Have just checked and as far as I can see  I am "opted in" but have never received any offers/emails etc since I joined PN in April 2010
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you a postmaster mailbox?, thats where they will be
NorthRiding
Grafter

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't have one of those.javascript:void(0); Had one at first but ended up getting 2 copies of everything that PN sent when I was getting everything set-up and as far as I can remember (which is probably not very reliable or accurate!!), I was advised to remove the postmaster account because everything was coming to me twice.
Never mind, not the end of the world.......................just wondered why I was being excluded/opted out..........
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont know who advised that but it is a PN requirement that you have a Postmaster mail box.  I too have an alternative mail box and get two copirs of some but not all
NorthRiding
Grafter

Have checked my email addresses and there isn't a Postmaster account. Can I just make one up then?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it has to have that specific name all lower case postmaster  you can add it here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?3A9gtk3TO7Vnm5tygj41WxGvNgoXUgKqC3f0fFmIgOsmrrsujjYNOpU3WeE3zzzA0Nur...
NorthRiding
Grafter

Thanks pp, but when I tried that link I just got the following:-
"If you are an existing customer
Unfortunately, this feature is not available with your current account. To raise any queries and to upgrade your account, please use the Contact Us tool here at the Portal
If you have recently joined PlusNet
It may take up to 30 minutes until you can access this feature of your account. Please try again later."!
NorthRiding
Grafter

Have just tried adding a mailbox in the normal way using postmaster and that seems to have made up a mailbox as normal. Will see whether I get anything? I assume that the stuff I have missed will not be stacked up waiting for me to access the account? Thanks for your help peoples................
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@NorthRiding
You've created 'postmaster' as a separate mailbox when it's more typical that it's a redirect. This doesn't matter as it's now there for use, you'll just need to log into it as <account username>+postmaster.