cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

given wrong info and charged!

warbleeder
Grafter

given wrong info and charged!

so i called plusnet earlier tonight to ask if ive been throttled as my download speeds were no higher than 15kbs (on 80/20 fiber)
at the same time i asked my usage as i current can not view on plus nets website
i was told (usage is around 61ish GB) and i had been throttled
although i had not got any emails to say i had got close to my limit or i had gone over it the CSR said he was going t ask for speed restriction removed due to the view my usage been down and me not getting any emails.... this was round about 22:02
i checked emails round about midnight to find these
at 22:42 i get a email i was close to my usage  at 23:56 i gt a email saying i had gone over my usage and im been charged £5
just called and spoke to a CSR who said i downloaded round about 1GB of data that took me over my limit and im at fault... so lets work this out
im at 61GB of data when i call.... thus making me liable for £20 extra charges download round about a extra GB takes me to 62/63
but a hour later i go over my usage 40GB.... how dose someone get 30something and 60 something mixed up?
some how download 1GB of data in a hour at 150KBS and get charged £5?
and why was my account throttled before i went over my limit?
im curious now  Huh
... and it must have been throttled because at about 5 past midnight i was downloading like lightning

20 REPLIES 20
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: given wrong info and charged!

That certainly sounds like the accounting is all messed up with your connection at the moment. You have my sympathy and I hope this will be resolved for you sooner rather than later.
That's RPM to you!!
warbleeder
Grafter

thank you RPM
Plus net aint all that bad .. or as bad as i make them sound....very nice polite staff and some very very helpful such as Adam and Lawrence...  but silly little things like this would annoy other people and not just me
my main problem is ... shorter version.... fair enough your having system problems where we cant view our usage ... fine i work with computers and get the jist  i know how they can be at times.... BUT
3 things i want explaining in this topic please
1. if customers are calling up and asking what their usage is then been given incorrect info how can you hold them liable to pay charges?
2. how do you get 30gb something and 60GB something mixed up
3.why was my service throttled before i went over my usage?... another breach of your own terms....
so if i dont get a good out come ofcom will be contacted as this is second time PN have breached their own terms with me
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi warbleeder,
I hope I can address these for you, and sorry that the usage still isn't showing at the moment - we are investigating and chasing this on a daily basis, unfortunately I can't give you an update on that as things stand though.
1) Bit of a grey area that one, I can see what you're saying however we have emailed you to warn you about approaching the limit (and again to notify that the limit has been exceeded) so not really one I can call I'm afraid.
2) This is an assumption but I suspect the agent you talked to advised the limit was at 60GB because he thought you were on our Extra account rather than Value fibre.
3) It doesn't look like any restrictions had been applied to your account as per the answer to your ticket? I can't see anything on there that suggests it was slowed down at all.
warbleeder
Grafter

he thought i was on the 60GB to start with but i corrected him and he said i had gone over my usage i told him i had no emails ect and i was asking about charges....
im on 40GB fiber... not 60GB i have not been on 60GB for a long time
that should be listed to ALL AGENTS and should NOT be related to the problem with my usage at the mo....
if your staff are getting my usage wrong then miss informing me what the he-ll is going on with me account?
no more screwing around i want proper answers im now sat here waiting five dam minutes for a webpage to load and i get penalized with charges because ur system is screwed up....
either i get straight answers by mid-day on the 14/08/12 or im contacting ofcom (and yes ive giving you chance to resolve my case
to be fair its one screw-up after another with my account at the moment and im fed up of it
and come on 150kbs on 80/20 is a joke! despite the calls i have made just to be told to run speed to and by pass router .... so this is going to be same as the other houses ive had problems in....
is this the only way to move forward... go down to plusnet HQ and kick a stink up?
its about time u stop tail farting around BT and made them get off their back sides and sort problems.... after all we pay BT dont we?
again mid day tomorrow to have proper ... not stupid half answers for the following
1.why is my account not showing 40GB fiber and how can you get mixed up with 60GB
2.after i corrected your agent and told him im on 40GB he still said im over my usage ... so why.... get the call listened to (im not at fault plusnet are!)
3.why can i never get any problems sorted without having to kick and screem?
4. i also want to know what BT spend my money on.... is it just tea and biscuits? because i may aswell try and get blood from a stone than trying to get them to do some work
5.ooow and 5 awhile ago i wanted to put a complaint in about open reach.... nice of plusnet to respond with you can complain to us about open reach but complaints wont reach open reach as we have a agreement with them
now the screeming is done i do give u 5 star for most of you staff
i also like the way you (dont normally throttle us unless we go above our usage ... as many other ISP do throttle as default
is it too much to ask for just afew months of having no problems with my account?
warbleeder
Grafter

p.s if you want to charge me for the 5GB over usage fine ....
but i would also like to put a request in for some kind of compensation due to the fact that since i have been your customer back in 2008 i have had constant interruptions with my services and i had 2 years of plusnet breaching their own T&C's and stopping my member centre access within my first 14 days... plus all the other problems ive had
i mean come on fair is fair aint it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

1.why is my account not showing 40GB fiber and how can you get mixed up with 60GB

As Matt rightly believed to be the case the agent you spoke to made an honest mistake. We're sorry that you were given the wrong advice.
2.after i corrected your agent and told him im on 40GB he still said im over my usage ... so why.... get the call listened to (im not at fault plusnet are!)

That's will be because they've relayed the information given on service note 139662496 (which you can see yourself) with the subject: "You've exceeded your usage allowance. We've added some more...."

3.why can i never get any problems sorted without having to kick and screem?

I'm sorry if you feel the need to but we are happy to help you and I feel the agent you spoke to whilst having made a mistake was doing their best to point you in the right direction. As I think I've mentioned before I'm normally around mon-fri and would urge you to contact me by PM if there's any issues like this and I'll be happy to pick up the phone and give you a call again and resolve your issue as I've done previously.
is it too much to ask for just afew months of having no problems with my account?

No, not at all. I need to spend a little time looking over your account to see if there's any overriding issues that need to be broached. If there is anything I'll be in touch to let you know what we can do about it.
but i would also like to put a request in for some kind of compensation due to the fact that since i have been your customer back in 2008....

I don't know if you remember after we spoke a couple of weeks ago that I agreed to provide you with a goodwill gesture for that issue which I did do after changing your billing date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
warbleeder
Grafter

hi adam
how could your agent quote  the information given on service note 139662496 (which you can see yourself)
when ticket 139662496 was raised 1 n half to 2 hours after i spoke to the said agent?
and im having speed issues but when i contact plusnet all i get told to do is disconnect my router and connect to my modem
warbleeder
Grafter

ps didnt mean to quote (which you can see yourself)  i cheated and just copied and pasted your text sorry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey there,
That's OK.  That service note is from the 12th and I can see you called yesterday which is why I'd assumed (as many would) that was sent before you'd spoken to us about the issue.
I can see as per your last reply here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106897.0.html that we are speaking with the finance team about your account. I'll keep an eye on how that's going and make sure we get your usage fixed ASAP after any issues with billing have been resolved.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
warbleeder
Grafter

nah i spoke to the guy on he 12... about a hour n half 2 hours before i got the email (as im aware you are able to listen to calls ect)
and im sorry i know i must get annoying ... sat on here whingeing but seems like it only way to get someone to listen to my point instead of purely blaming me
can you have a look into this speed issue or tell me if anyone is... its 100% pointless asking me to run speed test as they will give me a incorrect reading as i will now be throttled
when  i first got fiber and for the first month or so it ran smoothly really quick ect
and do you know how long i maybe waiting for a response from the finance team?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Well we seem to have a raport with each other so I'm happy to be your point of contact for such things. I can't promise to deal with every support requirement you might have but I'll certainly jump in with the more sticky ones like this, why by the way I hope become a thing of the past for you very soon.
With regards to the response from finance, there's a ticket open with them (ID 58644831) and it needs attention from a particular person. Given the time of day I'll need to commit to chasing that up tomorrow morning for you. I'll be in touch when that's been resolved.
In the meantime re the problems with speeds does that only happen to you when there's a payment issue?
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
warbleeder
Grafter

im not sure have not took notice so much but one moment i can be downloading at 2.5mb(still pretty low for 80/20) as ive heard peopl getting 20m.... even people further from exchang than me
but then the next minute i gt 150KB ever now and again its struggles to hit 100..... may as well walk to london on back on days like those (with some of things i try to download)
but i call support to be told to connect to modem and bypass the router and i do .. but speeds are still up and down tried 3 new netgears
are tech guys still fairly new with fiber? as alot dont seem to know any other trouble shoot besides connect to the modem (not meaning to sound nasty just curios)
how ever one thing that as confused me
when i spoke to (david i believe) on the 12th and he got my usage incorrect.... im pretty sure i mentioned to him i was having slow download speeds caped at 150kb's ....
when i spoke to the guy after i got email he told me i downloaded just over 1gb....
i know my self its impossible to even think about downloading 1Gb at 150kbps in a hour you would be looking at least 5 to 6 hours
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK,
Sorry to hear that the speeds are still a problem for you in that case.
are tech guys still fairly new with fiber?

Nope, everyone should be well versed in dealing with fibre issues by now, sorry if that wasn't the impression you got for some reason. Bypassing the router is always going to be the first step in diagnosing a speed fault on a fibre connection.
Unless you've already done so the next step I'd need you to try for us is to bypass the router again and run the beta speedtester on http://www.speedtester.bt.com
Let me know when you've done that and we'll take things from there.
when i spoke to (david i believe) on the 12th and he got my usage incorrect.... im pretty sure i mentioned to him i was having slow download speeds caped at 150kb's ....
when i spoke to the guy after i got email he told me i downloaded just over 1gb....
i know my self its impossible to even think about downloading 1Gb at 150kbps in a hour you would be looking at least 5 to 6 hours

Well, the 150kbps does sound like a the speeds was capped because of a billing issue. I'd agree that you'd not be able to incur that much usage in such a short space of time. So apart from the agent you spoke to having advised you incorrectly the most honest answer I can give you is that I don't know, obviously if that does become a repeat issue or seemingly starts to happen to others I will take the time to dig deeper into that.
Just to mention re your usage I can see that this isn't displaying at the moment. If it's OK with you I don't want to intervene by resetting it at the now as you're due to be billed in the next few days so it should happen then, if not I'll be looking into that straight away for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
warbleeder
Grafter

hiya adam ive been on the phone to one of your CSR's this morning
realy nice guy did the trouble shoot bypass router go to modem got 2 erros whilst tying to do that (one was(i think 787) could not connect to PPP) other one couldnt connect to server computer or something) althought both where same profiles
CSR has now raised with faults hopefully it gets sorted ... however
at the same time i upgraded my package to 250 80/20 but .... question is ... is it worth my money or will i be paying for fiber when ill be getting the same 3mb/s-lower (actual download) as i did when i was on old ADSL?