Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final chance to keep me as a customer

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: final chance to keep me as a customer

Chris, you have been working like a trooper to get this mess resolved and on the forum the last few days. Well done. We are going to miss you on here when you move to your new job.
meem
Grafter

Chris,
I appreciate the effort that you and Adam  are making here.
I see various system messages - orders raised, csr replies saying "not needed" in response etc, and being honest I don't have much confidence in the rest of PN getting this straightened out right now.
Right now I have a phone number that when dialed says number not recognised
I do have a dial tone on my phone line, but get the 'BT lady' when I try to dial out.
I just want to make sure this is the position you expect me to be, and the next steps are correct as planned.
For example this morning I had the BTOR automated call telling me my telephony service will be done in a few days, but since nobody physically came out when he had my phone terminated last week, I wasn't expecting anybody would need to come out (for the phone part)
Is all this correct?
ffox
Pro

Quote from: Chris
Adam or myself will update you on this first thong on Monday though.

How many thongs do you wear each day?  (Apologies for being OT)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi meem,
Adam's chasing this up for you and will be back in touch later today.
As far as the BTOR automated call from this morning, can you advise exactly what the message said?
meem
Grafter

"hello.. this is BTOR working on behalf of your provider.. bla bla.. we will be sending an engineer to install TELEPHONY on bla bla (20th I think) between xx AM and yy PM"
emphasis is mine on the word telephony
meem
Grafter

and WRT the confusing tickets...  I mean things like
auto msg>  An SI order has completed
          Order ID: OR0000003799486
reply by PN>  "Not required"
meem
Grafter

hi,
It's almost the end of another day...  still no service, my phone number doesn't dial in (you have dialled an invalid number), a dial tone but I can't dial out.. and still no clue of what is happening or when.
I've got to be honest, my near non-existent patience is wearing ever more thin. I'm not sure whether the agents actions were just spiteful, some kind of ploy to hold me hostage to my number and block me moving, or something else. To say I've been let down is an understatement, but the let-downs just keep on coming.
As I said above, I appreciate that people on the forums are trying to help me, but this really isn't good enough
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi meem,
At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, are you able to dial 17070?  If you can, this should tell you what service number is on the line.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Meem,
Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you with details on how things are going. I've had a number of different interactions with our suppliers today and I continue to do so. It seems that we placed a simultaneous (SIM) order to get both your phone and fibre broadband service up and running on the same day and then arranged to expedite those orders so that they could be sped up. At present we're having difficulties trying to get these dates matched up and at the moment it looks as though the phone order is due to complete on the 20/08/14 at the new address and then we're battling to bring the fibre appointment back to this date as well.
The main issue is that they're finding it difficult to arrange an engineer for the fibre on the same date due to availability in the area however I will be pushing this for you over the coming days to see what we can get done for you.
Please accept our apologies for the delays seen here again, we really are doing all that we can to speed this up for you. I'm hoping to have some updates for you before the end of the day however the expedites team will be due to finish work soon so contacting them may be impossible for me and I may have to give them a call in the morning.
meem
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Hi meem,
At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, are you able to dial 17070?  If you can, this should tell you what service number is on the line.
Kevin

Thanks, I didn't know about that service.
*sigh*... the number that it identifies me as is completely different to what my phone number was... please tell me this is going to change to what it should be.
The number that the BT linetest service gave me, when dialled,is just the repeated 3 beep pattern
When I call my phone number,  I get the... "the number you have called has not been recognised"
Anotherone
Champion

Hi meem,
I certainly feel for you with the irritation and stress that this must have caused you. As far as those earlier messages that you were getting on the phone line, this sounds like the standard message when the line is not yet allocated or had an old service removed. That won't change until your number is put on it. Just for clarity, is it exactly the same exchange that you are/will be now on compared to your old one?
Anotherone
Champion

Out of curiosity, I'm sure there are a few of us who would like to know exactly what these confusing tickets are saying. You are allowed to post ticket content as long as you don't post the agents' names.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for you time on the phone this morning meem,
As discussed, everything is moving forward for you and things should start to go live from tomorrow however I should have more information on this over the course of the day for you so I'll be back in touch by phone.
As Anotherone has pointed out, the line seems to be holding a temporary number at the moment which should go live with the correct number for you tomorrow.
meem
Grafter

Adam,
I don't know what state my account is in after all this mess, but I have some concerns.
I know we deferred straightening it out until I have my phone service restored - which all being well will happen today, but I keep getting my tickets closed by members of the 'csc' department for reason of "Account has been cancelled".. I'm really not prepared to go through all this again the next time somebody goes rogue and terminates all of my services
Anotherone
Champion

I would imagine if that happened, which I sincerely hope it won't, you would be entiltled to a significant amount of compensation.
I am extremely surprised that a senior CSC person hasn't taken sole responsibility for your account so that this nonsense wasn't happening.