Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final chance to keep me as a customer

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: final chance to keep me as a customer

Hi meem,
Thanks for getting back to me on this one, I'm going to get this looked into for you now as this should be fed back on and the necessary action taken.
As for the line, I understand your frustrations here as this would obviously stop you from transferring the line into a new provider and taking up a broadband service with them. Once I've reviewed the call to work out what the agent has done, we could look at the option we have in front of us in order to move forward.
At present these would be:
1.) We reactivate the line free of charge for you in order to allow the transfer of your line to a new provider. This may take between 24/48 hours to activate if our supplier have cleared the order down (possibly longer if not) and then it would take 7/14 days for the line to transfer to a new provider where you could then have broadband provided between 7/14 days later (engineer availability dependant if taking fibre with them)
2.) Take up a phone and broadband service with a new provider from scratch and have both ADSL and phone activated within 7/10 days of placing the order
The second option would probably work quicker for you however I'm more than happy with getting the phone provided at our expense so that you at least have this back up an running as soon as possible.
Either way I'll update this thread for you as soon as my investigation has been completed. I'm deeply sorry for the way in which the cancellation of this service has transpired.

@Kevin - It was myself that looked into this a few weeks back however I haven't found anything that would allow us the facility to place an emergency re-provide.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Adam,
Do not know if this is relevant, can be exploited.  See https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/downloads/Products/Interconnect/IP%20EXCHANGE%20NUMBER%20PORTABILI... section 7.7.
Seems like there is some form of emergency restoration (as opposed to re-provide) service (there ought to be one) but the "rules" might not permit its use here... but may be someone with some BTw clout might be able to stretch the point!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Adam, with all due respect it needs someone senior enough in Plusnet to get hold of someone senior enough in Openreach. After all this is nothing more than a remote software job with someone at Openreach sitting at a keyboard typing in the appropriate things. There are no wires involved, I expect that there will still be dial tone at the end of the line as well. It's only the number that has been deactivated from the circuit and so can't make or receive calls.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Adam,
Also if it helps see section C3.9 here - http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDkQFjAE&url=ht...
This is all to do with number porting cancelations - might one argue that PN cancelling this line is "porting the number back to BTOR"?  Wink Roll_eyes
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Townman & Anotherone - Understandably we are more than open to getting the line back up and running with haste however this will very much depend on the requirements of the customer at this stage. While this is the right thing to do it may no necessarily be the quickest way in which to get phone and broadband services with another provider.
Regardless of this though, I'll linger here to await a response and should be able to get the line back up relatively quickly as the order is now shown as complete.
meem
Grafter

Adam,  I see in your last post you are waiting some kind of direction from me - I was about to reply to your previous one laying out the various options - the reality is, I don't know what I should be doing right now (whether I should be processing orders with suppliers, or waiting for PN to do something first etc, so as to un-complicate the order - as a result, I'm not currently doing anything)
My motivation is and always was the fastest way to achieve a fibre internet connection.
I would say (with hindsight) it's also to keep my phone number, but honestly I didn't even give that a second thought first time round, since I didn't contemplate for even a microsecond that this outcome could ever be reached
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

meem,
If it helps, might I suggest that the priority should be to retrieve / retain your phone number as this will be (more than likely) associated with no end of contacts, service providers etc. ?  Loosing it (due to the accepted error by PN) could cause you no end of other issues.  Allowing PN to rectify this might be easier than getting some other organisation to pick up the pieces.
If there is any possibility of finding an "out of process" restoration option, then you will have your phone number back and can then decide (in less haste) how you want to go forwards.
Quote from: meem
My motivation is and always was the fastest way to achieve a fibre internet connection.

The fastest route to this might still lay with PlusNet if they can get the right grip on BTOR attending your premises when they have an appointment to do so.
Kevin

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thank you for your time on the phone meem, I'll be keeping you updated with the progress of the orders.
meem
Grafter

.......why has my plusnet account been deleted?
Now I can't even see the tickets or respond to them, let alone have a record of invoices and payments for resolving this mess
Seriously, WTF
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That was done as per the cancelled orders, I've sorted that now so you should be able to login.
meem
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Thank you for your time on the phone meem, I'll be keeping you updated with the progress of the orders.

Chris,
I appreciate the phone call yesterday morning but I am still waiting for an update (and progress) from somebody.
Am i getting my number back? Did it work?
I find reference in an auto-closed new ticket of an install date on the 28th August... surely that is not accurate. I don't want to jump the gun here, but since I don't know the status of anything... 28th August is not just totally unacceptable, it's down right embarrassing.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've been able to keep your old number so that is sorted. BT gave us a provisional date of the 28th August, we've requested to expedite this and are just waiting on confirmation on this from them which we'll let you know as soon as we have it.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Chris,
Would I be correct to conclude that there is no "emergency" restoration process with BTw / BTOR (or one could not be found) to rectify situations where a genuine error has resulted in the cessation of service?
Is PlusNet's CEO talking to his peers in other BT divisions to short out this serious failing / omission in their processes?  If they can disconnect it in minutes, why can they not restore it in minutes?  Is this really a physical disconnect?  I doubt if, for if the claim from BTOR is they need to schedule an engineer to connect it, how come they don't need to schedule one to disconnect it?
BTOR are letting everyone down and making your job harder.  I do hope Andy Barker is working hard with BTOR to improve matters with great urgency.
Kevin

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kevin,
The line has been restored, there is a house move in progress which is why the delay as there is a new line install required at the new premises.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've requested a date for early next week, unfortunately our suppliers haven;t been able to confirm this with us yet.
Adam or myself will update you on this first thong on Monday though.